Both Rafael and Angie sport a cheerful demeanor, and tend to look on the bright side of things, which often bothers their son. Also, as seen several times in the show, they are quite loving and affectionate with each other. However, aside from being so cheerful all the time, they can also be protective of their loved ones.
Rafael is always cheerful, combined with his child-like personality. He is shown to be rather artistic, as he can sculpt a huge statue of star and speed-paint in the place of taking pictures while vacationing. Rafael is openly affectionate and constantly dotes on both his family and Star. While Angie is equally Bright and cheerful like her husband, she is demonstrably more mature than Rafael, and usually serves as Marco's true parental guidance.
In "Marco Jr." Angie is revealed to be pregnant with her second child and she and her husband are naming the baby Marco, Jr. because he has a mole like Marco's. They later try to help Marco, who is suffering the side effects of rushing through a test for a magical painting, and now resembles the horrible image. They learn that Marco has changed a great deal and let Star finish the test for them. When he is restored to normal the family hugs promising to remain close no matter what.
By the events of "Doop-Doop", Angelica gave birth to a baby girl named Mariposa.
- Angie's maiden name is Phalange
- In the book, Star and Marco's Guide to Mastering Every Dimension, they first met at a café in Cleveland, Ohio. And they are usually found cuddling on the couch together.
- According to Daron Nefcy, Angie's name is short for Angelica.
- According to Dominic Bisignano Rafael and Angie are in their early forties.
- Nefcy revealed in a Reddit Q&A that there was a to be an episode that focused on Rafael's day job, but it was scrapped.