|| "Even miracles take a little time."
This article features media from Walt Disney Company or its subsidiaries that has yet to be released.
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
Ms. Marvel is an upcoming American superhero web television miniseries, created by Bisha K. Ali for Disney+. It is an adaptation of the Marvel Comics of the same name, and set within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, centering on the eponymous character, Ms. Marvel.
The show will center on Marvel’s first Muslim superhero to star in her own comic book title. Ms. Marvel as a comic and heroine has existed since 1976, with the character Carol Danvers using the name for her crime-fighting escapades. The latest incarnation, and the one the show will be focusing on, is a teenager named Kamela Khan. Khan broke ground by becoming Marvel’s first Muslim character to be lead her own comics title. Her identity as a Pakistani American, living in a religious family in New Jersey whilst trying to find her own way, have been a major focus of the stories. Her powers have been described as polymorphous, meaning she has the ability to stretch and change her shape.
- TBA as Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel
- TBA as Amir Khan
- TBA as Muneeba Khan
- TBA as Yusuf Khan
- TBA as Kareem / Red Dagger
- TBA as Kamran
In May 2018, Kevin Feige announced upcoming plans in an interview, to incorporate Ms. Marvel into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. On November 8 , 2018, the streaming service Disney+ was announced, and on August 23, 2019, at D23, Kevin Feige confirmed, that a Ms. Marvel series was set to be developed, starring Kamala Khan.
Auditions for the titular character, began with the start of production. On November 1, 2019, casting went underway for the rest of Kamala Khan's family, as well as another character, code-named, "Birdman", speculated to be, Marvel Comics character, the Inventor. On February 11, a casting call was released for two Muslim, male actors between the ages of 17 and 25, for the Marvel Comics characters, Red Dagger and Kamran.
Production was expected to begin, sometime in April 2020, in Atlanta under the working title "Jersey", with auditions being currently held, for the titular role. It was confirmed, that Ms. Marvel would be underway next spring of, April 2020. On December 7, 2019, it was revealed by Feige that production was expected to end by the end of 2020. On February 3, 2020, production was to be delayed, until starting in August, with the Ms. Marvel shoot only expected to last about four months.
- Mindy Kaling and Riz Ahmed expressed and interest in writing a screenplay for, an adaptation of Ms. Marvel.
- With Kamala Khan having made her comic debut in 2014, the upcoming Ms. Marvel series features the fastest transition from comics to the Marvel Cinematic Universe for a titular character.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Ms. Marvel Filming Start Date Revealed". Comic Book. (October 24, 2019)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 "Ms Marvel Now Casting For Kamala Khan’s Family (EXCLUSIVE)". Discussing Film. (November 1, 2019)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "MS. MARVEL TO ADD INHUMAN SUPPORTING CHARACTER TO THE NEW DISNEY+ SERIES AND MCU: EXCLUSIVE". Illuminerdi. (February 11, 2020)
- ↑ "Marvel’s first muslim superhero Ms Marvel is set to join the cinematic universe". NME. (May 15, 2018)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Ms. Marvel' Series in the Works for Disney+ (Exclusive)". (August 23, 2019)
- ↑ "EXCLUSIVE: ‘MS. MARVEL’ CASTING “BIRDMAN,” LIKELY COMICS VILLAIN “THE INVENTOR”". Geeks WorldWide. (November 1, 2019)
- ↑ ‘MS MARVEL’ has reportedly pushed production forward and will now begin filming in April 2020 in Atlanta under the working title of ‘Jersey’.
- ↑ "Moon Knight, Ms Marvel & She-Hulk Coming to Disney+ Sooner Than You Think". https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-marvel-shows-arriving-soon/. (December 7, 2019)
- ↑ "MS MARVEL NEW SHOOTING START AND LARGER PRESENCE FOR KHAMALA KHAN IN THE MCU: EXCLUSIVE". The Illuminerdi. (February 3, 2020)
- ↑ "Riz Ahmed, Mindy Kaling are jonesing to write a Ms. Marvel movie". EW. (May 16, 2018)