|| "Even miracles take a little time."
This article features media from Walt Disney Company or its subsidiaries that has yet to be released.
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
Ms. Marvel is an upcoming American superhero web television miniseries, created by Bisha K. Ali for Disney+. It is an adaptation of the Marvel Comics of the same name, and set within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, centering on the eponymous character, Ms. Marvel. It is expected to be the sixth, Disney+ original series, featured in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the first, starring a new character.
The show will center on Marvel’s first Muslim superhero to star in her own comic book title. Ms. Marvel as a comic and heroine has existed since 1976, with the character Carol Danvers using the name for her crime-fighting escapades. The latest incarnation, and the one the show will be focusing on, is a teenager named Kamala Khan. Khan broke ground by becoming Marvel’s first Muslim character to be lead her own comics title. Her identity as a Pakistani American, living in a religious family in New Jersey whilst trying to find her own way, have been a major focus of the stories. Her powers have been described as polymorphous, meaning she has the ability to stretch and change her shape.
- TBA as Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel
- TBA as Amir Khan
- TBA as Muneeba Khan
- TBA as Yusuf Khan
- TBA as Kareem / Red Dagger
- TBA as Kamran
- TBA as Zoe Zimmer
- TBA as Tyesha Hillman
- TBA as Sheikh
- TBA as Fariha
- TBA as Aadam
- TBA as Auntie Ruby
In May 2018, Kevin Feige announced upcoming plans in an interview, to incorporate Ms. Marvel into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. On August 23, 2019, at D23, Kevin Feige confirmed, that a Ms. Marvel series was set to be developed, starring Kamala Khan, and revealed on November 8, 2018, to be on the new streaming service Disney+, along with seven other Marvel series. Following the outbreak of the coronavirus, production on Ms. Marvel, as well as all projects within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, was halted, and expected to resume in September, 2020. This pushed the expected release date to 2022. It was later reported that theoretical physicist, Clifford Johnson, was hired as a consultant, for the series. While the titular Kamala Khan, was expected to make her debut, within the series, it was later rumored, that she would be appearing elsewhere, prior to the series premiere.
Sarah Finn, Krista Husar, and Molly Doyle were announced as casting directors for the series, with Gregory Korn and Djinous Rowling acting as casting assistants. Auditions for the titular character, began with the start of production. On November 1, 2019, casting went underway for the rest of Kamala Khan's family, as well as another character, code-named, "Birdman", speculated to be, Marvel Comics character, the Inventor. On February 11, a casting call was released for two Muslim, male actors between the ages of 17 and 25, for the Marvel Comics characters, Red Dagger and Kamran. On August 10, 2020 it was reported that a male and female character were being cast, code named, Omar and Willow, and speculated to be Amir Khan and Nakia Bahadir. A new casting call was released in September, 2020, for two new characters, Zoe Zimmer, and Tyesha Hillman. On September 28, 2020, a casting call for four new characters was released.
Production was expected to begin, sometime in April 2020, in Atlanta under the working title "Jersey", with auditions being currently held, for the titular role. It was confirmed, that Ms. Marvel would be underway next spring of, April 2020. On December 7, 2019, it was revealed by Feige that production was expected to end by the end of 2020. On February 3, 2020, production was to be delayed, until in August, with the Ms. Marvel shoot only expected to last about four months. According to Charles Murphy, production was delayed, once again, and expected to begin to begin in sometime in November, through to March, 2021. The episodes are developed, for a one hour format.
Directing duo, Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah were hired to direct at least one episode of the series. The Hollywood Reporter reported that Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and Meera Menon will be directing episodes of the series.
- Mindy Kaling and Riz Ahmed expressed an interest in writing a screenplay for, an adaptation of Ms. Marvel.
- With Kamala Khan having made her comic debut in 2014, the upcoming Ms. Marvel series features the fastest transition from comics to the Marvel Cinematic Universe for a titular character.
- A female character, yet to be announced, was given the code name Willow, named after G. Willow Wilson one of the creators of the Ms. Marvel.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah Set to Direct Ms. Marvel Disney+ Show (Exclusive)". The Direct (September 4, 2020).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "'Ms. Marvel' Finds Directors in Pakistani Oscar Winner, 'Bad Boys For Life' Filmmakers (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter (September 18, 2020).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "Disney+ France Lists Loki, and What If? For 2021, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight For 2022". MCU Cosmic (April 6, 2020).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Ms. Marvel Filming Start Date Revealed". Comic Book (October 24, 2019).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 "Ms Marvel Now Casting For Kamala Khan’s Family (EXCLUSIVE)". Discussing Film (November 1, 2019).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 "MS. MARVEL TO ADD INHUMAN SUPPORTING CHARACTER TO THE NEW DISNEY+ SERIES AND MCU: EXCLUSIVE". Illuminerdi (February 11, 2020).
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 "https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ms-marvel-casting-for-two-more-supporting-characters-ahead-of-november-start-2/". Murphy's Multiverse (September 22, 2020).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 "Ms. Marvel: 4 New Supporting Characters Revealed for MCU Disney+ Show (Exclusive)". The Direct (September 28, 2020).
- ↑ "Marvel’s first muslim superhero Ms Marvel is set to join the cinematic universe". NME (May 15, 2018).
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 "Ms. Marvel' Series in the Works for Disney+ (Exclusive)" (August 23, 2019).
- ↑ "The Marvel Cinematic Universe faces a big test as the shifting movie release calendar disrupts its meticulous story planning". Business Insider Inc. (March 31, 2020).
- ↑ "Meet the Physicist Who Is Changing Movie Science, from ‘Avengers’ to ‘Palm Springs’". IndieWire (July 9, 2020).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 "Ms. Marvel Production Reportedly Delayed, but Kamala Khan Rumored to Debut Prior to Series". Comic Book (July 22, 2020).
- ↑ "EXCLUSIVE: ‘MS. MARVEL’ CASTING “BIRDMAN,” LIKELY COMICS VILLAIN “THE INVENTOR”". Geeks WorldWide (November 1, 2019).
- ↑ "MS MARVEL CAST LISTING CALLS FOR TWO YOUNG MAIN CHARACTERS: EXCLUSIVE". The Illuminerdi (August 10, 2020).
- ↑ ‘MS MARVEL’ has reportedly pushed production forward and will now begin filming in April 2020 in Atlanta under the working title of ‘Jersey’.
- ↑ "Moon Knight, Ms Marvel & She-Hulk Coming to Disney+ Sooner Than You Think". CBR (December 7, 2019).
- ↑ "MS MARVEL NEW SHOOTING START AND LARGER PRESENCE FOR KHAMALA KHAN IN THE MCU: EXCLUSIVE". The Illuminerdi (February 3, 2020).
- ↑ "Riz Ahmed, Mindy Kaling are jonesing to write a Ms. Marvel movie". EW (May 16, 2018).