|| "Even miracles take a little time."
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
Ms. Marvel is an upcoming American streaming television series, created by Bisha K. Ali for Disney+. It is an adaptation of the Marvel Comics of the same name, and set within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, centering on the eponymous character, Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel. It is expected to be the fifth, Disney+ original series, featured in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the first, starring a new character. Ms. Marvel is produced by Marvel Studios, with Bisha K. Ali, serving as the showrunner.
The series stars Iman Vellani in the titular role. Aramis Knight, Saagar Shaikh, Rish Shah, Zenobia Shroff, Mohan Kapur, Matt Lintz, Yasmeen Fletcher, Laith Naki, Azher Usman, Travina Springer and Nimra Bucha also appear in starring roles.
Ms. Marvel is set to premiere in 2021. It will be part of Phase Four of the MCU. Like the other Marvel series, produced by Disney+, it will be tied into the wider universe, with Ms. Marvel's role, in the upcoming Captain Marvel sequel, The Marvels.
The Marvel Studios original series centers on fan-favorite Kamala Khan — a 16-year-old Pakistani-American growing up in Jersey City. A great student, avid gamer, and voracious fan-fic scribe, Kamala has a special affinity for Super Heroes, particularly Captain Marvel.
However, Kamala struggles to fit in at home and at school — that is, until she gets super powers like the heroes she’s always looked up to. Life is easier with super powers, right?
- Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel
- Aramis Knight as Kareem / Red Dagger
- Saagar Shaikh as Amir Khan
- Rish Shah as Kamran
- Zenobia Shroff as Muneeba Khan
- Mohan Kapur as Yusuf Khan
- Matt Lintz as Bruno Carrelli
- Yasmeen Fletcher as Nakia Bahadir
- Laith Nakli as Sheikh Abdullah
- Azhar Usman as TBA
- Travina Springer as Tyesha Hillman
- Nimra Bucha as TBA
- Laurel Marsden as Zoe Zimmer
- Fawad Khan as Hasan
- TBA as Fariha
- TBA as Aadam
- TBA as Auntie Ruby
- Randy Havens as TBA
- Alysia Reiner as TBA
- Anjali Bhimani as TBA
- Farhan Akhtar as TBA
- Samina Ahmad as TBA
- Alyy Khan as TBA
In May 2018, Kevin Feige announced upcoming plans in an interview, to incorporate Ms. Marvel into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. On August 23, 2019, at D23, Kevin Feige confirmed, that a Ms. Marvel series was set to be developed, starring Kamala Khan, and revealed on November 8, 2018, to be on the new streaming service Disney+, along with seven other Marvel series. Sana Amanat, who co-created the series, also serves as an executive producer, while Jenna Berger, acts as a supervising producer. The sizzle reel released for the series, also revealed that Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah would act as executive producers too. Following the outbreak of the coronavirus, production on Ms. Marvel, as well as all projects within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, was halted, and expected to resume in September, 2020. This pushed the expected release date to 2021. It was later reported that theoretical physicist, Clifford Johnson, was hired as a consultant, for the series. While the titular Kamala Khan, was expected to make her debut, within the series, it was later rumored, that she would be appearing elsewhere, prior to the series premiere. Prior to the beginning of filming, Production Weekly released a small blurb, detailing what Ms. Marvel would entail of:
- "The show will center on Marvel’s first Muslim superhero to star in her own comic book title. Ms. Marvel as a comic and heroine has existed since 1976, with the character Carol Danvers using the name for her crime-fighting escapades. The latest incarnation, and the one the show will be focusing on, is a teenager named Kamala Khan. Khan broke ground by becoming Marvel’s first Muslim character to be lead her own comics title. Her identity as a Pakistani American, living in a religious family in New Jersey whilst trying to find her own way, have been a major focus of the stories. Her powers have been described as polymorphous, meaning she has the ability to stretch and change her shape."
The series hired SILA Consulting for advice on cultural representation. Variety reported that the first season would contain six episodes. Freddy Syborn, who was hired as a writer, was also brought on as a co-executive producer.
At D23, following the Marvel Studios announcement they were developing a series about Ms. Marvel, Bisha K. Ali was reportedly set to write and act as showrunner. Freddy Syborn was hired as a writer for the series.
Sarah Finn, Krista Husar, and Molly Doyle were announced as casting directors for the series, with Gregory Korn and Djinous Rowling acting as casting assistants. Auditions for the titular character, began with the start of production. On September 30, 2020, Iman Vellani was announced to have been cast in the titular role. A sizzle reel was released by Marvel, showcasing her being told she had been announced as the lead, on Zoom. On November 1, 2019, casting went underway for the rest of Kamala Khan's family, as well as another character, code-named, "Birdman", speculated to be, Marvel Comics character, the Inventor. On February 11, a casting call was released for two Muslim, male actors between the ages of 17 and 25, for the Marvel Comics characters, Red Dagger and Kamran. On August 10, 2020 it was reported that a male and female character were being cast, code named, Omar and Willow, and speculated to be Amir Khan and Nakia Bahadir. A new casting call was released in September, 2020, for two new characters, Zoe Zimmer, and Tyesha Hillman. On September 28, 2020, a casting call for four new characters (The Sheikh, Fariha, Aadam and Auntie Ruby), were released. In December of 2020, the casting for Sheikh Abdullah, Muneeba Khan and Nakia Bahadir were revealed. Following the release of Ms. Marvel's sizzle reel, the starring cast members, were revealed on the official Marvel website. On February 19, 2021, Laurel Marsden was reportedly cast as Zoe Zimmer. On the same day, Alyy Khan confirmed he would also be part of the cast, in an interview. On Instagram, Laith Nakli revealed on Instagram, that he Alysia Reiner, had joined the cast in an undisclosed role.
Production was expected to begin, sometime in April 2020, in Atlanta under the working title "Jersey", with auditions being held, for the titular role. It was confirmed, that Ms. Marvel would be underway next spring of, April 2020. On December 7, 2019, it was revealed by Feige that production was expected to end by the end of 2020. On February 3, 2020, production was to be delayed, until in August, with the Ms. Marvel shoot only expected to last about four months. According to Charles Murphy, production was delayed, once again, and expected to begin to begin in sometime in November, through to March, 2021. The episodes are developed, for a one hour format. On November 10, 2020, it was reported that series began filming. Carmen Cabana serves as cinematographer, alongside Robrecht Heyvaert and Carmen Cabana. Filming in Atlanta was expected to be finished by March 2021, with production heading to Bangkok next. On May 11, 2021, Variety reported that production had officially ended, after moving to Thailand.
Directing duo, Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah were hired to direct at least one episode of the series. The Hollywood Reporter reported that Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and Meera Menon will be directing episodes of the series.
Christopher Glass serves as the production designer. On November 11, 2020, it was reported that Arjun Bhasin would serve as costume designer for the series.
At the 2020 Disney Investors Day, Marvel released a sizzle reel, containing the first officially released footage, for the series, as well as input from crew members involved in the project. In March 2021, concept art of the series, created for toy manufacturers to base their products on, were leaked online. On May 10, 2021, The Disney Store, released the first official merchandise for the show, in the form of a shirt, with the series' logo.
Ms. Marvel is expected to be released in late 2021, though as of yet, no specific date has been announced. It is expected to be the eighth entry in Phase Four, of the MCU, and the fifth television series.
- Mindy Kaling and Riz Ahmed expressed an interest in writing a screenplay for, an adaptation of Ms. Marvel.
- With Kamala Khan having made her comic debut in 2014, the upcoming Ms. Marvel series features the fastest transition from comics to the Marvel Cinematic Universe for a titular character.
- The starring cast list, released on the official Marvel website, incorrectly spelled Azhar Usman's forename as Azher.
- Nakia Bahadir's casting call, was given the code name Willow, named after G. Willow Wilson one of the creators of the Ms. Marvel.
- In Ms. Marvel, a poster of Captain Marvel can be seen, in Kamala Khan's bedroom. This image comes directly from the Marvel comic, Captain Marvel (2016) — Issue #4.
- To celebrate filming, members of the cast got matching tattoos of Ms. Marvel's emblem.
- "Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah Set to Direct Ms. Marvel Disney+ Show (Exclusive)". The Direct (September 4, 2020).
- "'Ms. Marvel' Finds Directors in Pakistani Oscar Winner, 'Bad Boys For Life' Filmmakers (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter (September 18, 2020).
- "Ms. Marvel (2021) - Cast, Characters, Release Date". Marvel.
- "‘Ms. Marvel’ Series Completes Production in Thailand Despite Virus Resurgence (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety (May 11, 2021).
- "Production Tidbits: ‘Moon Knight’, ‘Aquaman 2’, ‘Ms. Marvel’ and More". DiscussingFilm (November 11, 2020).
- "Captain Marvel 2: Ms. Marvel and Monica Rambeau Confirmed to Appear in MCU Sequel". IGN (December 11, 2020).
- "‘Ms. Marvel’ Introduces Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan". Marvel (December 10, 2020).
- "‘Ms. Marvel’ Disney Plus Series Casts Iman Vellani in Title Role". Variety (September 30, 2020).
- "ARAMIS KNIGHT JOINS CAST OF ‘MS. MARVEL’ AS RED DAGGER". Murphy's Multiverse (December 12, 2020).
- "San Antonio native Saagar Shaikh lands acting role in upcoming Disney+ series Ms. Marvel". San Antonio Current (December 12, 2020).
- "‘MS. MARVEL’: RISH SHAH PLAYING THE INHUMAN KAMRAN". Murphy's Multiverse (December 11, 2020).
- "ADDITIONAL ‘MS. MARVEL’ CASTING REVEALED!". Murphy's Multiverse (December 4, 2020).
- "Ms Marvel: Mohan Kapur Officially Cast As Kamala Khan’s Father in Disney+ Show, Know Everything About the Indian Actor". Yahoo Lifestyle (December 11, 2020).
- "MATT LINTZ CAST AS BRUNO CARRELLI IN ‘MS. MARVEL’". Murphy's Multiverse (November 20, 2020).
- "'Ms. Marvel' Enlists Laurel Marsden (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter (February 19, 2021).
- "Fawad Khan to star in Ms. Marvel along with Farhan Akhtar?". Masala! (June 4, 2021).
- "Ms. Marvel: 4 New Supporting Characters Revealed for MCU Disney+ Show (Exclusive)". The Direct (September 28, 2020).
- "Stranger Things Star Randy Havens Seemingly Joins MCU in Ms. Marvel Disney+ Show". The Direct (November 21, 2020).
- "Ms. Marvel Disney+ Show Casts Orange Is the New Black's Alysia Reiner". The Direct (February 28, 2021).
- "BOLLYWOOD STAR FARHAN AKHTAR CAST IN MS(TERIOUS) MARVEL ROLE". Murphy's Multiverse (April 9, 2021).
- "Samina Ahmed set to make her Hollywood debut". The Express Tribune (April 10, 2021).
- "“Trying To Understand My Character’s Journey Was Difficult”: Interview With Alyy Khan, Star Of MOGUL MOWGLI & THE SERPENT". Film Inquiry (February 19, 2021).
- "Marvel’s first muslim superhero Ms Marvel is set to join the cinematic universe". NME (May 15, 2018).
- "Ms. Marvel' Series in the Works for Disney+ (Exclusive)" (August 23, 2019).
- "EMBIGGEN! MS. MARVEL SERIES COMING TO DISNEY+ DROPS SIZZLE REEL WITH FIRST FOOTAGE". Syfy (December 12, 2020).
- "The Marvel Cinematic Universe faces a big test as the shifting movie release calendar disrupts its meticulous story planning". Business Insider Inc. (March 31, 2020).
- "Meet the Physicist Who Is Changing Movie Science, from ‘Avengers’ to ‘Palm Springs’". IndieWire (July 9, 2020).
- "Ms. Marvel Filming Start Date Revealed". Comic Book (October 24, 2019).
- "Disney Studios Content Names Marya Bangee VP Of Multicultural Audience Engagement". Deadline (May 6, 2021).
- "AMC & UKTV’s Alibi Order Crime Drama ‘Ragdoll’ From ‘Killing Eve’ Producer Sid Gentle Films & Freddy Syborn". Deadline (February 18, 2021).
- "Ms Marvel Now Casting For Kamala Khan’s Family (EXCLUSIVE)". Discussing Film (November 1, 2019).
- "EXCLUSIVE: ‘MS. MARVEL’ CASTING “BIRDMAN,” LIKELY COMICS VILLAIN “THE INVENTOR”". Geeks WorldWide (November 1, 2019).
- "MS. MARVEL TO ADD INHUMAN SUPPORTING CHARACTER TO THE NEW DISNEY+ SERIES AND MCU: EXCLUSIVE". Illuminerdi (February 11, 2020).
- "MS MARVEL CAST LISTING CALLS FOR TWO YOUNG MAIN CHARACTERS: EXCLUSIVE". The Illuminerdi (August 10, 2020).
- "‘MS. MARVEL’ CASTING FOR TWO MORE SUPPORTING CHARACTERS AHEAD OF NOVEMBER START". Murphy's Multiverse (September 22, 2020).
- ‘MS MARVEL’ has reportedly pushed production forward and will now begin filming in April 2020 in Atlanta under the working title of ‘Jersey’.
- "Moon Knight, Ms Marvel & She-Hulk Coming to Disney+ Sooner Than You Think". CBR (December 7, 2019).
- "MS MARVEL NEW SHOOTING START AND LARGER PRESENCE FOR KHAMALA KHAN IN THE MCU: EXCLUSIVE". The Illuminerdi (February 3, 2020).
- "Ms. Marvel Production Reportedly Delayed, but Kamala Khan Rumored to Debut Prior to Series". Comic Book (July 22, 2020).
- "MCU's Ms. Marvel Disney+ Show Reportedly Starts Filming". The Direct (November 10, 2020).
- "‘MS. MARVEL’ PRODUCTION HEADING TO BANGKOK NEXT". Murphy's Multiverse (February 21, 2021).
- "Marvel Phase 4 Concept Art Leak Reveals Ms. Marvel, Clea, Female Ronin, America Chavez, And More". Comic Book Movie (March 25, 2021).
- "Riz Ahmed, Mindy Kaling are jonesing to write a Ms. Marvel movie". EW (May 16, 2018).
- "Ms. Marvel Stars Celebrate the Disney+ Series With Matching Tattoos". Comic Book (February 27, 2021).