The movie's title is a reference to the 1963 song of the same name by The Angels. The original title of the film, Johnny Zombie was changed shortly before the film's theatrical release. Philip Seymour Hoffman, Matthew McConaughey, Renee Zellweger, and Matthew Fox appear in small roles in the film.
Johnny Dingle's (Andrew Lowery) your typical teenager. He's in love with a beautiful girl named Missy McCloud (Traci Lind), but he can't tell her. One day, the shop where Missy works gets robbed and Johnny is killed trying to help. But Johnny doesn't want to stay dead, so he returns to his life like nothing ever happened. After a while, he discovers that his body is disintegrating and he must feed on human flesh if he wants to survive.
- Andrew Lowery as Johnny Dingle
- Traci Lind as Missy McCloud
- Danny Zorn as Eddie
- Edward Herrmann as Mr. Dingle
- Mary Beth Hurt as Mrs. Dingle
- Jay O. Sanders as Sheriff McCloud
- Libby Villari as Camille McCloud
- Matthew Fox as Buck Van Patten
- Philip Seymour Hoffman as Chuck Bronski
- Paul Dooley as Big Chuck
- Austin Pendleton as Dr. Bronson
- Cloris Leachman as Maggie the zombie expert
- Paxton Whitehead as Judge in heaven
- Matthew McConaughey as Guy #2
- Renee Zellweger (scene cut)
This is Matthew Fox and Matthew McConaughey's first film roles. Renée Zellweger's only scene was cut from the film.
The film was met with very negative reviews and had a very poor box office gross, making $3,335,984.
- My Boyfriend's Back at Box Office Mojo
- My Boyfriend's Back at Rotten Tomatoes
- My Boyfriend's Back Review at Obscurus Lupa Presents
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at My Boyfriend's Back (1993 film). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|