The Never Bird is first seen in the episode "Never Say Never!". Here she works for Captain Hook and is ordered to steal Izzy's twister hoop so that he can replace his destroyed ship wheel. After she successfully retrieves it, she betrays Hook and takes it herself to Never Ever Peak Mountain where she resides. Izzy and her crew reach the mountain and finds that she has used the hoop to create a nest. Using some vines, Izzy replaces it and so becomes a friend of the Never Bird.
She later appears in "The Golden Egg". Jake and his crew stumble upon a golden egg and ask the Never Bird whether it is hers. She claims it's not and joins them in their quest to find the parents. Before they can, Hook arrives, caging the Never Bird and stealing the egg. The captain is thwarted by Jake freeing the Never Bird and saving the egg. The search continues until a pair of hummingbirds appear and claim the egg which hatches and reveals a hummingbird chick. The family is reunited and the Never Bird flies off.
The Never Bird reappears in the episode "Mystery of the Missing Treasure!" when Jake and his crew found a feather left behind by the culprit who stole the Team Treasure Chest on Pirate Island,Skully suggest they journey to Buccaneer Bird Bluff. The young pirates ask both the Never Bird and the Sing-Songbird if they could identify the feather, however the Never Bird didn't recognize the feather but the Sing-Songbird revealed to the young pirates that the feather belongs to Fast Claw the falcon who belongs to sneaky thieving pirate Beatrice Le Beak.
- Never Say Never! (first appearance)
- The Golden Egg
- Pirate Rock!
- It's a Winter Never Land!
- Jake's Birthday Bash!
- Mystery of the Missing Treasure!
- In the original book she is much, much larger than her Disney counterpart.
- The Never Bird as she appears in Jake and the Never Land Pirates greatly resembles a Normal Grey cockatiel.
- In other adaptations, she is depicted as a much larger bird; many incarnations bear similarities to the Wandering Albatross or even to the mythological Roc.