In Central Park in New York, Mickey and Minnie walk around the park. Minnie declares it the loveliest walk she's ever taken. Suddenly, her tummy starts to rumble loudly, so Mickey buys a hot dog with extra mustard. He gives it to her, but as Minnie tries to bite into it, it escapes. He tries to catch it, but it hides behind the bush. He finds it, but it lands in a baby carriage. Mickey steps on a fork and trips, and the carriage's wheels start to roll. He throws a blanket out of a carriage and a baby starts to cry. Mickey throws blankets out of more carriages causing more babies to cry, until Mickey throws a blanket out of a blue carriage and sees a hot dog disguised as a baby, which kisses him as it leaves while Mickey gets attacked by the babies' angry mothers.
Next Mickey spots the hot dog in a rowboat. He rows a small boat to reach the big one. He tries to get it but gets distracted by Goofy in drag. Mickey falls into the water as the hot dog rolls away. An old lady reports a purse-snatcher to a police officer, describing the thief as "pink and delicious". Meanwhile, Mickey finds the hot dog playing poker with the men, and follows it to Central Park Zoo. The hot dog stops hopping when it sees him, but gets eaten up by a lion and Mickey goes inside its body. Minnie wonders where he is, but he comes up to her riding the lion and holding the dirty, stinky hot dog. The officer comes to arrest the dirty hot dog, and Mickey is a hero. The hot dog vendor offers free hot dogs, and Mickey and Minnie bite into one, kissing, as they go home.
Character Voice Cast
- Mickey Mouse - Chris Diamantopoulos
- Minnie Mouse - Russi Taylor
- Brian George - Hot Dog Vendor
- Betty White - Old Lady
- Terry Fator - Cop
- Aaron Springer - Hobos
- This episode shows how Mickey got attacked from the citizens. They whack him with their purses, and Mickey reverts to being primal. This is used for a gag later in the short.
- When the bouncing sausage went gambling with the hobos, one of them is a Pig, Ironically, hot dogs would be cannibalism for anthropomorphic pigs.
- The Central Park Zoo does not have a lion exhibit in Real Life.
Place in the World
- Central Park, Manhattan, New York