Stuck in a dream-within-a-dream-within-a-dream, Randy must figure out how to escape the loop.
- The title is based off the 2010 film Inception.
- This episode is having the lowest amount of physical character appearances.
- This is the first episode, there are no background characters.
- The McBubble Slam appears multiple times in the episode (the first time is where the vending machine of the supposed drink and a billboard of the advertisement appear in the background of some scenes while Randy fights off a gargoyle on the Van Dam, the second time is when Randy and Howard are in the Game Hole playing arcade games where the vending machine is once again seen and stays in the background throughout the entire scene), foreshadowing the event where Randy drinks it in order to free himself from the dream loop in the latter part of the episode.
- This episode is similar to the Adventure Time episode "King Worm", where Finn the human must figuring out how to escape his dream vivid.
- The colorful leaves seen blowing in the dream world are similar in appearance to those in the 1995 film Pocahontas.
- For the first time, Randy wears his mask with it rolled up to show his mouth.
- During the episode dream, Howard doesn't say Randy's name once, foreshadowing that he's not the real Howard, this is further seen when Randy wakes up and the real Howard immediately says "Nice burp, Cunningham!".
- This is the first episode to show Randy in his pajamas.
- In a continuity error, it's revealed from multiple security cameras that it would take almost thirty seconds for Randy to reach from his home to the school on foot, but in the first episode of the series, Randy had to his bicycle to get from school to his house and back again.
- The Ninja 9 symbol appears on the monsters in Randy's dream trying to take the ball.
- A few monsters are inspired from popular culture; such as
- Mothra from "Mothra (1961)"
- Cthulhu from "Call of Cthulhu"
- The Sorcerer's Key makes its first reappearance since its premiere in "Randy Cunningham and the Sorcerer's Key".
- The first dream includes the reappearance on the Norrisville Van Dam from "The Ninja Identity".
- The game that Randy and Howard play makes reference to the theme song of the 1996 film Space Jam, "I Believe I Can Fly."
- The title of the film that Randy and Howard are watching in one dream, Silt Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Silt, is based off the 2005 film Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
- In that dream, Mt. Chuck appears again since its previous appearance in "Monster Dump".
- One of the security footage can be seen Morgan's cat from "McFreaks".
- The plot was inspired by an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Randy's robe and underwear from "Randy Cunningham's Day Off" and his cow costume from "Dawn of the Driscoll" make reappearances in Randy's closet.
- There is a banana cart with the name "Banana Karenina" which could be a reference to the popular book "Anna Karenina".
- Goof: apparently Randy and Howard are now capable of touching the Chaos Pearls without getting corrupted by it.
- When Randy attempts to 'shloomp' into the Nomicon for advice while a Gila Monster approaches him, the Nomicon appears blank and will not allow the 'shloomping' process to occur, this reinforces the fact that the different aspects of language such as reading are impossible to fulfill while a person is dreaming.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|