Rapunzel, Eugene, Pascal, and Lance were starting the day's duties when they saw Old Lady Crowley taking things out of Cassandra's old room. Rapunzel, believing that Cassandra is still her friend, was against it. Later, Rapunzel was looking fondly over her old friend's things when Eugene tried to convince her to let Cassandra go and move on. But Rapunzel told him that "friends do not leave friends behind" and left the room with a box filled with some of Cassandra's things unaware that during their conversation, an ancient hourglass fell into it.
Soon, Rapunzel found it while talking to Pascal about Cassandra and accidentally made it send them both back in time and they ran into a teenage Lance and Eugene. They also learn that they're in the bodies of the Stabbington Brothers (Rapunzel in Sideburns and Pascal in Patchy). In a state of shock and panic, Rapunzel and Pascal got themselves arrested by the younger guards. But they managed to escape and found a book in Xavier's shop, which explains the hourglass they found and how to use it.
Pretending to be Sideburns, Rapunzel convinced teenage Eugene and Lance to sneak her inside the castle and steal the hourglass in the royal vault. But as they tried to get away in the underground tunnels, Lance got caught in a trap and was left behind. Rapunzel scolded Eugene for leaving his friend behind, disappointed at his heartlessness. She then went back to save Lance.
As Rapunzel worked to get Lance out of jail Eugene had a change of heart and came to help. They all escape capture and fled to the woods where Rapunzel and Pascal use the hourglass to send themselves back to the present. When they returned to their time Rapunzel was surprised to see Eugene putting Cassandra's things back in her room after the conversation they had. Eugene apparently believe he told Rapunzel about Old Lady Crowley throwing Cassandra's things away and said that even though he questions Cass's tastes, she is still their friend. Rapunzel decides not to question it since she agreed that friends do not leave friends behind.
- Mandy Moore as Rapunzel
- Zachary Levi as Eugene Fitzherbert
- Sean Giambrone as Teenage Eugene
- James Monroe Iglehart as Lance Strongbow
- Vargus Mason as Teenage Lance
- Susanne Blakeslee as Old Lady Crowley
- M.C. Gainey as Captain of the Guards
- Sean Hayes as Pete
- Diedrich Bader as Stan
- Paul F. Tompkins as Shorty
- Brian Hull as Teenage Sideburns
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Additional Voices
- The title is the opposite of the saying, "No time like the present".
- When Eugene and Lance hide from the guards by posing with a portrait, the portrait is very similar to one in ¨For The First Time In Forever" from Frozen.
- Rapunzel claims she's used to getting a lot done by 7:15 is referring to the song "When Will My Life Begin" from Tangled.
- Eugene learns how to do the smolder in this episode.
- There are several callbacks of the previous episodes.
- Cassandrium necklace from "Great Expotations".
- The training dummy with Eugene's portrait from "Under Raps".
- Angry and Red's hiding cave from "Big Brothers of Corona".
- Sundrop Flower in the vault, Automaton under the vault and Herz Der Sonne's tunnel from "The Alchemist Returns".
- The secret room in Xavier's blacksmith from "Rapunzel's Return".
- The secret passway to the castle from "Before Ever After".