- “She ate my schnozzle.”
Nobody is a character from the 2016 Disney live-action film, Alice Through the Looking Glass. She is a vegetation-fused woman who lives in the Red Queen's new lair which is set after the events of the original film and despite working for the Red Queen, she felt a heart to save Alice Kingsleigh and her friends imprisoned by the Red Queen herself.
Nobody serves as the Red Queen's servant. Despite working for her, she also shows empathy to Alice and her friends who are locked up by the Red Queen in a cage due to her notorious plans in using the Chronosphere improperly much to Time's warning that improper use could alter the Underland timeline to which Nobody manages to open the cage Alice and her group are at in order to stop the Red Queen from causing a catastrophe.
Role in the film
As the Red Queen enters Time's Castle, Nobody follows her alongside Wilkins and a group of Seconds as the Red Queen engages in a private conversation with Time while Alice plans to get the Chronosphere without getting caught by Time.
As Alice and her friends are planning to find the Hatter's missing family at the Red Queen's lair, the Red Queen spies on the group storming the lair just as Nobody and a vegetable soldier watch them below. As the Red Queen tries to stop Alice and the gang from arriving, she passes by Nobody and takes her carrot nose, much to her shock to what she did to her nose.
After the Red Queen uses the Chronosphere causing disaster to the Grand Clock of All Time, Nobody arrives and unlocks the cage to free Alice and her friends and opens it to which as Alice and her friends are trying to know where the Red Queen is, she explains to the group that she ate her carrot nose, followed by two vegetable bodyguards who shared the same reaction of what the Red Queen did to their fingers and their elbow. Upon being freed, Tarrant explains to Nobody that she would look fetching without her carrot nose to which she tells him to stop mentioning it just before Alice and her friends plan to take Time to his castle, retrieve the Chronosphere, and stop the Red Queen from causing a disaster across the universe of Underland.
It is unknown of what happened to her after the balance is restored when the Chronosphere is put back in place, since the time rust engulfed everything across the universe of Underland, which was saved when the Chronosphere was put back in place to restore the balance, so it is likely that she is restored back to life along with everyone else in Underland.
- In the original book by Lewis Carroll, "Nobody" refers to the name of an implied character whom the White King mentions when the original Alice says, "I see nobody on the road", to which the King explicitly refers to the implied character if Nobody were a real person whom Alice could physically interact with.
- Her name was confirmed by James Bobin in the audio commentary included on the Blu-ray release of Alice Through the Looking Glass, which was used for the feature film itself and the deleted scene "Racie in the Castle".
- Additionally, the scene where the Red Queen passes by Nobody and takes her carrot nose is the same action used in the final version of the film. However, the early version of the scene shows the Red Queen looking for Time while in the final version, she was looking for Alice.
- One of Nobody's lines is "She ate my schnozzle". The term "schnozzle" is a colloquial term for noses, especially when it comes to nose lengths.
- Like the other vegetable-fused soldiers and bodyguards working for the Red Queen, Nobody's design was inspired by Giuseppe Arcimboldo's artwork of his picture paintings of noblemen, but with vegetables and fruits for their features.
- "And there's the old schnozzle going. Nobody having her schnozzle eaten and it's that thing, that little thing that's going to lead to big downfalls". ~ James Bobin, feature film commentary.
- "That character's name is Nobody. We never say her name, sadly, but her name is Nobody, very much based upon the book." ~ James Bobin, deleted scene commentary.