Mickey is steering a gondola in Venice, Italy, when he sees Minnie and falls madly in love. He tries to kiss Minnie's hand but kisses a hippo's hand instead. Mickey tries to carry the hippo out and falls into the water.
While Minnie washes the dishes, Mickey tries to serenade her but is drowned out by lots of loud noises. Nevertheless, Minnie appreciates Mickey's efforts. Then Willie the Whale joins in, much to Mickey's disappointment.
That evening Mickey tries again, but the hippo chases him all over the place. A sailor hits Mickey's face, he hits another sailor's boat, and Mickey falls into the water.
Later that night, Mickey is saved while his right foot is bitten by a shark. Mickey is sad to see that the restaurant is closed, and a clown plays the violin. Mickey goes to the gondola, where he sees a hooded woman, who takes off her hood to reveal herself as Minnie. She goes to the gondola, places the spaghetti and meatballs and a table on the gondola, and all ends happily as they eat and ride off together.
- Chris Diamantopoulos - Mickey Mouse
- Russi Taylor - Minnie Mouse
- Paul Rudish - Angry Sailor #1, Angry Sailor #2, Willie the Whale
- Roberta Sparta - Hippo Citizen
- While Mickey's boat is bouncing through the buildings, one of them is a recreation of the It's a Small World clock tower.
- Episodes with dialogue spoken entirely in a foreign language:
- 1.) Croissant de Triomphe = French.
- 2.) Tokyo Go = Japanese.
- 3.) Panda-monium = Mandarin Chinese.
- 4.) O Sole Minnie = Italian.
- 5.) O Futebol Clássico = Portuguese.
- 6.) Mumbai Madness = Hindi.
- 7.) Clogged = Dutch.
- 8.) Al Rojo Vivo = Spanish.
- 9.) ¡Feliz Cumpleaños! = Spanish.
- While this is the second short to be spoken in Spanish, it takes place in Mexico rather than Spain.
- 10.) Dancevidaniya = Russian.
- 11.) Turkish Delights = Turkish.
- 12.) Locked in Love = Korean.
- 13.) Carnaval = Portuguese.
- This is the second short to be spoken in Portuguese as well as the second short to take place in Brazil. Also, both shorts take place in Rio de Janeiro.
- 14.) Year of the Dog = Chinese.
- While this is the second short to be spoken in Chinese as well as the second short to take place in China, this short takes place in Shanghai rather than Beijing.
- 15.) Amore Motore = Italian.
- While this is the second short to be spoken in Italian and the second short to take place in Italy, this short takes place in Rome rather than Venice.
- 16.) Our Floating Dreams = Thai.
- This episode won a 2014 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Short-format Animated Program. In addition, Valerio Vaentura won for Outstanding Individual Achievements In Animation that same year for the background designs for this episode.
- The episode's name is a spoof of a song called "O Sole Mio".
Place in the World
- Venice, Italy