Octobella is an octopus villain of the PJ Masks series. She is a hybrid octopus that has been living in the moat. She first appeared in the Season 3 episode "Gekko Everywhere" as a cameo, then made her full appearance in the Season 4 episode "Octobella"
Octobella's very possessive of the crystals and other things in the moat, which she deems as "hers," and is vengeful and unforgiving to those who she believes are stealing them from her, as shown when she tries to trap Gekko underwater forever after claiming that he took the power pondweed. She's also quite deceptive. She used the fact that the PJ Masks and Armadylan didn't know who she was to her advantage by pretending to be their friend so she could lure them into a trap.
Despite her unforgiving nature, Octobella, like other nighttime villains, seems to have a soft spot for her sidekick, Percival, though, like how Luna Girl and Night Ninja do to the Moths and Ninjalinos, respectively, she does tend to tease him a lot as seen in "Magnet in the Moat," much to his annoyance.
Motive & Abilities
Octobella's motives include collecting crystals and getting revenge on those she believes are stealing whatever she deems "hers" in the moat, leading her to become an enemy of the PJ Masks.
Powers & Abilities
- Whirlpools: Octobella can create powerful whirlpools which she uses to trap her enemies and spin them round and around.
- Camouflage: Just like real life octopuses, Octobella can change the colors of her body allowing her to turn transparent and become invisible.
- Underwater Crystal: She uses a magic crystal that has the ability to shoot powerful blasts of water at her opponents and trap them in crystals.
- Glowing Orbs: She can summon crystal orbs that are like Luna Girl's Moonfizzle Balls from the deep that hypnotizes her enemies into playing with them while she carries out her plan.
- Shapeshifting Crystal: She uses this magic crystal that gives her the ability to shapeshift into anyone.
- Magic Octopus Ink: This ink allows her to create portals between her lair and other places.
- Sonic Scream: She can create sonic waves with her voice while underwater.
- Octobella can temporarily give others the ability to breathe underwater, like she did with Luna Girl and Motsuki in "Magnet in the Moat" and Armadylan in "Octobella's Garden."
Octobella's body takes the form of an octopus, with tentacles on her head and lower body. She has blue eyes and a light turquoise face with yellow markings. The majority of her body is turquoise with blue and yellow bands around her body and tentacles. The tips of her tentacles glow an aqua color. However, in "Gekko Everywhere", her tentacles seems to be darker turquoise hue, and the aqua-colored tip doesn't glow. She also wears a purple beaded necklace with a dark purple shell hanging in the middle where she places one of her magic crystals.
- She is the third villain to trick Armadylan in the season 4 episode "Octobell's Garden".
- Curiously, her appearance in said episode's storyboard bears a resemblance to Romeo (especially the hair), but with tentacles.