Theme park happenings
- 1971 - Walt Disney World and Magic Kingdom open in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
- 1982 - Walt Disney World's second theme park, and Disney's third theme park, Epcot opens.
- 1983 - One year after Epcot opens, Horizons, the attraction that focused on all the aspects of Future World, opens.
- 1992 - Splash Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland opens.
- 2014 - Paint the Night Parade premiere at Hong Kong Disneyland.
VHS & DVD releases
- 1993 - Aladdin, The Adventures of Huck Finn, That Darn Cat!, The Shaggy Dog, Herbie Rides Again, and Escape to Witch Mountain
- 2013 - Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel
DVD & Blu-ray releases
- 1961 - Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color debuts part 1 of The Horsemasters on NBC.
- 1987 - The DuckTales episode "Lost Crown of Ghengis Kahn" premieres in syndication.
- 1988 - The Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears episode "Color Me Gummi" premieres on ABC.
- 1990 - The TaleSpin episode "A Bad Reflection on You, Part 1" premieres in syndication.
- 1991 - The Darkwing Duck episode "Days of Blunder" premieres in syndication.
- 1993 - The Bill Nye the Science Guy episode "Skin" premieres in syndication, and the Bonkers episode "Tune Pig" premieres in syndication.
- 1995 - Disney Channel begins service in the United Kingdom.
- 1996 - The Quack Pack episode "Ready, Aim...Duck!" premieres in syndication.
- 1997 - The 101 Dalmatians: The Series episode "Shipwrecked" premieres in syndication.
- 2002 - The Lloyd in Space episode "Gimme Some Skin" premieres on Toon Disney.
- 2010 - The Phineas and Ferb episodes "We Call it Maze" and "Ladies and Gentlemen, Meet Max Modem!" premiere on Disney Channel in the United States. The episodes would be watched by 4.35 million people, making it the 2nd highest non-special episode and 4th all-time as of the time.
- 2017 - Vampirina premieres on Disney Channel and Disney Junior.
- 1978 - Walt Disney's Treasury of Children's Classics
- 1998 - The Lion King II: Simba's Pride
- 2013 - Frozen
- 1927 - Tom Bosley (actor)
- 1935 - Julie Andrews (actress, singer, and author)
- 1950 - Randy Quaid (actor)
- 1969 - Zach Galifianakis (stand-up comedian, actor, and pianist)
- 1973 - Christian Borle (actor)
- 1974 - Sherri Saum (actress)
- 1984 - Josh Brener (actor, comedian)
- 1985 - Jurnee Smollett-Bell (actress, comedian, and singer)
- 1987 - Matthew Daddario (actor)
- 1989 - Brie Larson (actress, singer, songwriter, and musician)
|<<||September 30||Timeline||October 2||>>|