- 1971 - Bedknobs and Broomsticks premieres in London, England.
- 2011 - Real Steel (Touchstone Pictures)
VHS & DVD releases
- 2003 - The Lion King: Special Edition
DVD & Blu-ray releases
- 2008 - Sleeping Beauty: 50th Anniversary Platinum Edition
- 1984 - The Disney Channel Premiere Film, Love Leads the Way premieres on Disney Channel.
- 1987 - The DuckTales episode "Dinosaur Ducks" premieres in syndication.
- 1989 - The Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears episode "My Kingdom for a Pie" and The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh episode "Un-Valentine's Day" premiere on ABC.
- 1991 - The Darkwing Duck episode "Aduckyphobia" premieres in syndication.
- 1994 - The Aladdin episode "Dune Quixote" premieres in syndication.
- 1995 - The Aladdin episode "While the City Snoozes" and the Timon & Pumbaa episode "Rocky Mountain Lie/Amazon Quiver" premiere on CBS.
- 1996 - The Timon & Pumbaa episode "Catch Me if You Kenya/Scent of the South" premieres on CBS.
- 2001 - The Weekenders episode "The Most Dangerous Weekend/Charity Case" premieres on ABC.
- 2011 - The Phineas and Ferb episodes "That's the Spirit" and "The Curse of Candace" premiere on Disney Channel.
- 2016 - Sofia the First premieres on the Disney Channel with the episode "Cauldronation Day".
- 2018 - The Avengers Assemble episode "The Panther and the Wolf" premieres on Disney XD.
- 2008 - Clubhouse Christmas
Theme park happenings
- 1998 - Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin opens at Magic Kingdom.
- 2002 - A Bug's Land opens at Disney's California Adventure.
- 1905 - Andy Devine (character actor and comic cowboy sidekick)
- 1945 - Michael Wallis (journalist and actor)
- 1950 - Hugh Fraser (actor, theatre director, and author)
- 1955 - Yo-Yo Ma (cellist)
- 1958 - Rosalyn Landor (film, television, and stage actress and audio book narrator)
- 1970 - Nicole Ari Parker (actress)
- 1979 - Shawn Ashmore (actor)
- 1980 - Adam Ryen (actor)
- 1982 - Jake McLaughlin (actor)
- 1849 - Edgar Allan Poe (author, poet, editor, and literary critic)
- 2008 - Peter Copley (television, film, and stage actor)
|<<||October 6||Timeline||October 8||>>|