"Olivia & Yunan" is the second segment of the forty-seventh episode of Amphibia.
In flashback, Lady Olivia shows Marcy Newtopia, impressing her and promising to make a difference. In the present, Newtopia has become a wasteland with Frobots digging into the ground. Olivia and General Yunan are called by King Andrias to speak with him. After witnessing him supposedly talking to no one, he instructs them to keep an eye on the workers and terminate anyone who resists. Afterwards, Olivia angrily denounces Andrias and wishes to get rid of him. Yunan agrees as well and they decide that the only person smart enough to defeat him is Marcy who is still in stasis from getting stabbed. With no other option, they resolve to rescue her.
Olivia explains how her mother showed her how to navigate the castle and together, she and Yunan enter the catacombs where they see the Moss Man who has been enslaved this whole time. They manage to find the room where Marcy is being kept, unaware of the eyes on the wall following them. They forcibly remove Marcy from stasis as she clumsily tries to straighten herself up. Believing they have succeeded, they attempt to leave, only for the room to produce holograms based on their worst fears. Olivia sees her disapproving mother as a large pollution monster, Yunan sees a vicious grubhog multiply and Marcy sees Anne and Sasha become a giant twisted creature that accuses her of betraying them and tell that they want nothing to do with her ever again.
Yunan figures out that only the wall eyes are visible and together, they overcome their fears to destroy them all. However, Andrias arrives and reveals that he has been watching them, via the eye on his crown. The entity, referred to as the Core, has also been watching them the entire time and has needed a host. Using the Moss Man, they have been able to bring Marcy back to life; her intelligence was an important trait that the Core needed. While Andrias begged to reconsider someone else, he ultimately gives Marcy to the Core as she is placed in a chair and given a helmet, allowing the entity to enter her body. The transference, unfortunately, works as the entity, now inside Marcy’s body, menacingly greets Olivia and Yunan.
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy (Illusion)
- Haley Tju as Marcy Wu/Darcy
- Anna Akana as Sasha Waybright (Illusion)
- Keith David as King Andrias
- Michelle Dockery as Lady Olivia
- Zehra Fazal as General Yunan, Lady Olivia's Mother (credited as additional voices)
- This episode gives the mysterious entity's name as the Core, who was last seen at the end of "The First Temple".
- Yunan tells Olivia that the girls were scheming backstabbers, Anne is not as it is only true about Marcy and Sasha.
- Despite being an evil tyrant who used and almost killed Marcy in "True Colors", King Andrias does care for Marcy a little bit by admitting that he honestly liked her, begged the Core to reconsider someone else to use as it's host and looks away as Marcy is about to be possessed.
- The hologram projection of Olivia's fear of disappointing her mother, after which the hologram takes a monstrous appearance, could be a nod to The Owl House episode "Enchanting Grom Fright", in which the titular monster manifests Luz' fear of her mother disapproving her stay on the Boiling Isles before turning into a monster.
- Anne and Sasha appear in Marcy's fear vision.
- Instead of the usual season three credits music, it is a black background with an ominous sound playing.
- This marks the seventh Disney animated television series that has dark end credits after a chilling ending:
- Gravity Falls: "Dreamscaperers/Gideon Rises", "Not What He Seems", and "Dipper and Mabel vs. the Future"
- Star vs. the Forces of Evil: "Starcrushed"
- Tangled: The Series: "Queen for a Day", "Destinies Collide", "Cassandra's Revenge", and "Once a Handmaiden..."
- 101 Dalmatian Street: "The DeVil Wears Puppies"
- Big City Greens: "Chipwrecked"
- The Owl House: "Agony of a Witch", "Clouds on the Horizon", and "King's Tide"
- During Marcy's projection of her fear of Anne and Sasha rejecting her, a Prom Poster with a yellow and blue Balloon and the words: "Yes and Yes" can be seen on one of the lockers.
- Lady Olivia is revealed to be from a long line of newts, who take a scared vow to watch, cared, and protect the land of Amphibia and she inherited her role from her mother.
- Lady Olivia and General Yunan officially defect from King Andrias.
- The Moss Man from "Wally and Anne" makes a reappearance.
- It's been weeks since "True Colors", as Newtopia's outside area and its surroundings has become a polluted wasteland by reckless industrialization.
- This episode canonizes the Marcy Theme Song Takeover as she is shown with a leg cast in flashback, presumably from her fall down the stairs.
- The Shadowfish that appeared in "The Sleepover to End All Sleepovers" were revealed to be otherworldly creatures taken prisoner by the castle's ancestors, and were used to discover the secrets of conquering death.
- November 14, 2021 (Canada)
- December 22, 2021 (Singapore)
- January 5, 2022 (Australia & New Zealand)
- February 4, 2022 (Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand)
- March 15, 2022 (Israel)
- March 23, 2022 (United Kingdom & Ireland)
- March 26, 2022 (Central/Eastern Europe)
- April 5, 2022 (Poland)
- April 6, 2022 (France)
- April 11, 2022 (Spain)
- April 12, 2022 (Germany)
- June 20, 2022 (Portugal)