On Ice is a color Mickey Mouse short released in 1935 that features Mickey and his friends ice skating. It is notably one of only four shorts in the original run to feature all five members of the Fabulous Five (the collective name for Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and Minnie), the others being Hawaiian Holiday, The Standard Parade, and Pluto's Christmas Tree if Minnie, Donald, and Goofy's cameo near the end is counted.
The cartoon revolves around three different storylines that all take place on a frozen lake during wintertime. In the first, Mickey helps Minnie learn how to skate. The second storyline has Goofy attempting to catch fish by dropping tobacco into the water and making the fish come up to spit. Donald pulls a prank on Pluto by putting ice skates on his feet and luring him out onto the ice in the third one. The subplots come together when Donald skates around with a kite on his back. The wind kicks up and sends him flying over the waterfall. Mickey hears his cries for help and saves him by pulling on the yarns of his sweater. Donald ends landing right where Goofy is fishing.
- The Fabulous Five:
- Clarabelle Cow (cameo)
- Horace Horsecollar (cameo)
- Walt Disney - Mickey Mouse
- Marcellite Garner - Minnie Mouse
- Clarence Nash - Donald Duck
- Pinto Colvig - Goofy, Pluto
- This is one of the few times where Donald is seen almost completely naked.
- As revealed in the reenactments of the Bambi story meetings on the DVD, the gag involving Pluto on ice skates helped serve as the inspiration of the scene where Thumper teaches Bambi how to skate.
- First cartoon in which Goofy sings "The World Owes Me a Living".
- Disneyland, episode #1.6: "A Story of Dogs" (snippet)
- The Mouse Factory, episode #39: "Winter Fun"
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #2
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #7
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.14: "Early Donald"
- Have a Laugh!, episode #40
- Treasures from the Disney Vault, December 21, 2014