One Day at Disney is a documentary series premiering on Disney+ as a collaboration between the streaming service and Disney Publishing Worldwide. The project revolves around the employees of the Walt Disney Company, highlighting their contributions to the various facets of the corporation with interviews and behind the scenes look at their work. The series will simultaneously debut as a feature-length documentary and a 52-episode short film series, and will include a forward from chairman and CEO Bob Iger. The release of a 224-page coffee table book written by Bruce Steele will coincide with the release of the series.
Bob Iger and 10 cast members are profiled in the hour long documentary. Some of these cast members also have their own short episodes.
- Eric Baker, Imagineer propmaker and sculptor involved in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
- Ashley Girdich, a member of Imagineering's research and development team focused on robotics.
- Eric Goldberg, Disney animator.
- Mark Gonzales, a Disneyland Railroad conductor.
- Grace Lee, an illustrator at Disney Publishing Worldwide.
- Zamavus "Zama" Magudulela, a South African actress playing Rafiki in the Madrid stage production of The Lion King.
- Ryan Meinerding, a visual development artist at Marvel Studios that worked on Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers: Endgame.
- Dr. Natalie Mylniczenko, a veterinarian at Walt Disney World caring for the animals of Disney's Animal Kingdom and The Seas with Nemo & Friends.
- Jerome Ranft, sculptor at Pixar and brother of late story artist Joe Ranft.
- Robin Roberts, former ESPN sportscaster and current Good Morning America co-anchor
|Cast Member||Occupation||Release Date|
|Eric Goldberg||Animator at Walt Disney Animation Studios.||December 6, 2019|
|Thom Self||Machinist/Scuba Diver at Disneyland maintaining the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and Jungle Cruise.||December 13, 2019|
|Sage Steele||ESPN SportsCenter news anchor.||December 20, 2019|
|Katie Whetsell||Actress playing Dory in Finding Nemo - The Musical at Disney's Animal Kingdom||December 27, 2019|
|Bob Iger||Disney CEO||January 3, 2020|
|Cast and Crew of Modern Family||January 10, 2020|
|Jose Zelaya||Character designer at Disney Television Animation||January 17, 2020|
|Este Meza||Lucasfilm Events coordinator||January 24, 2020|
|Rob Richards||Organist at the El Capitan Theatre||January 31, 2020|
|Grace Lee||Disney Publishing Worldwide illustrator||February 7, 2020|
|Kristina Dewberry||Construction Manager at Walt Disney Imagineering||February 14, 2020|
|Vince Caro||Recording Engineer at Pixar||February 21, 2020|
|Lupe de Santiago||Seamstress for animatronics costumes at Disneyland Resort||February 28, 2020|
|Kris Becker||Animal keeper at Disney's Animal Kingdom.||March 6, 2020|
|Leah Buono||Casting director at Disney Channel.||March 13, 2020|
|David Muir||Anchor for ABC's World News Tonight.||March 20, 2020|
|Morgan Pope||R&D Imagineer developing stuntronics for Avengers Campus.||March 27, 2020|
|Patti Murin||Anna in the Broadway production of Frozen||April 3. 2020|
|Francheska Roman||Candy maker at the Candy Kitchen on Disneyland's Main Street.||April 10, 2020|
|Steve Sligh||Manager of Golden Oak Ranch||April 17, 2020|
|Tia Kratter||Manager of Art and Film education at Pixar University||April 24, 2020|
|Robin Roberts||Good Morning America Co-Anchor||May 1, 2020|
|Joe Hernandez||Mark Twain Riverboat captain||May 8, 2020|
|Stephanie Caroll||Ranch hand at Tri-Circle D Ranch||May 15, 2020|
|Ed Fritz||Imagineering Ride Engineer involved on Avatar: Flight of Passage||May 22, 2020|
|Jerome Ranft||Pixar sculptor||May 29, 2020|
|George Montano||Plasterer at Disneyland||June 5, 2020|
|Scot Drake||Imagineering creative director for Avengers Campus||June 12, 2020|
|Candice Valdez||Radio Disney host||June 19, 2020|
|Tony Salvaggio||Decorator at Disneyland.||June 26, 2020|
|Zama Magudulela||Rafiki Actress in Madrid's production of The Lion King||July 3, 2020|
|Marc Smith||Walt Disney Animation Studios story artist on Frozen II||July 10, 2020|
|Mike Davis||Imagineering Project Manager on Remy's Ratatouille Adventure||July 17, 2020|
|Chris Cristi||Helicopter reporter for KABC-LA.||July 24, 2020|
|Laura Cabo||Imagineering Creative Executive for the Disney Cruise Line.||July 31, 2020|
|Ryan Meinerding||Creative Director at Marvel Studios.||August 7, 2020|
|Pavan Komkai||Broadcast Engineer for Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International.||August 14, 2020|
|Heather Bartleson||Holiday Services at Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.||August 21, 2020|
|Eric Baker||Imagineering Creative Director on Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge||August 28, 2020|
|Alice Taylor||Creative at Disney's StudioLAB||September 4, 2020|
|Amanda Lauder||Chef Chocolatier at The Ganachery at Disney Springs.||September 11, 2020|
- The project was first revealed on the schedule for the 2019 D23expo as a "secret" Walt Disney Company project, and was officially unveiled on August 22.
- The project shares its title with a 2000 book exploring a day in the life of the then four resorts.
- Episode 4, which profiled Katie Whetsell, was shown in its entirety, two days before its release, during ABC's broadcast of the Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade.
- ↑ "One Day At Disney” Documentary Takes A Look At People Behind The House Of The Mouse" (August 22, 2019).