|| "Even miracles take a little time."
This article features media from Disney or its subsidiaries that has yet to be released.
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Onward is an upcoming American 3D computer animated fantasy adventure film produced by Pixar and set to be released on March 6, 2020. The film will be directed by Dan Scanlon and produced by Kori Rae.
Set in a modern suburban fantasy world, Onward tells the tale of two teenage elf brothers, Ian and Barley, who set out on a quest to discover if there is still magic left in the world to have one day to be with their deceased father who died when they were too young to remember him.
- Tom Holland as Ian Lightfoot, the protagonist of the movie who lives in a normal life with his mother
- Chris Pratt as Barley Lightfoot, the deuteragonist of the movie who is an older brother of Ian who sets out on a quest journey with his brother
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Laura Lightfoot, Ian and Barley's mother
- Octavia Spencer as Scarley the Evil Witch
- John Ratzenberger
Onward was first announced at the 2017 D23 Expo as "The Untitled Pixar Film That Takes You Into A Suburban Fantasy World" and was described as a story about two brothers seeking to reconnect with their late father set in a human-free world of elves, sprites, trolls, dragons and "anything else that would be painted on the side of a van in the 1970s", with unicorns being depicted as common pests and dragons are pets.
On December 12, 2018, it was announced that the film will be called "Onward" and will also be based on Dan's relationship with his brother. It was announced that Scanlon will co-wrote the screenplay with Zootopia and Moana animator, C.S. Anderson.
- This will be the first Pixar film to be released in March.
- This is Pixar's first original film since Coco in 2017.
- This is the first Pixar film not to be produced by John Lasseter (following his departure in late 2018), with Pete Docter taking over producing duties.
- Both Chris Pratt and Tom Holland have roles in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Pratt played the role of Star-Lord and Holland performed Spider-Man.
- This marks the second Pixar film to feature Julia Louis-Dreyfus in a voice role, after A Bug's Life in 1998.
- This is the second time for the Danna brothers to compose the music for a Pixar film since The Good Dinosaur in 2015.
- The logo plays as normal, but "ANIMATION STUDIOS" is already present, and when the lamp faces the camera, his light shorts out. Then, WALL-E (from WALL-E (film) comes in and changes the bulb. He then leaves, but knocks down the "R" in "PIXAR" on the way. He looks at the fallen "R", and then hides his head, clasps his "hands" and puts down his door to make an "R" shape. The rest of the logo then continues as normal as WALL-E peeks out in cowardliness. But this time, It's 2019 of Remastered HD.
- ↑ "Pixar announces new original suburban fantasy movie". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on December 12, 2018.
- ↑ "New Pixar film, Onward, announced, starring Chris Pratt, Tom Holland". Attractions Magazine. Retrieved on December 12, 2017.
- ↑ https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/pixar-moves-forward-with-suburban-fantasy-film-onward-cast-includes-chris-pratt-tom-holland