PAC-MAN: Ralph Breaks the Maze is a video game released in 2018 by Bandai Namco Entertainment. Although not produced by Disney, the game is a crossover between the Pac-Man franchise and the characters from the Wreck-It Ralph franchise, amongst other characters from various Disney properties and was released one month before the theatrical release of Ralph Breaks the Internet.
Wreck-It Ralph and his gutsy friend Vanellope meet arcade icon PAC-MAN in the remastered chasing adventure, PAC-MAN: Ralph Breaks the Maze! Collect some of your favorite characters from Ralph Breaks the Internet and more with the confines of the classic PAC-MAN maze.
ENJOY THE CLASSIC 8-BIT ARCADE ACTION...
- Guide the original coin-op icon, PAC-MAN through new mazes
- Run away or chase the ghosts
- Go for high scores and higher levels
...AND THE BEST FROM DISNEY!
- Eat recognizable items from your favorite Disney movies
- Collect characters and experience their themed power-ups
Like in the classic Pac-Man game series, the game utilizes the same format where the player must eat all the dots while avoiding the four colored ghosts. Eating large flashing dots called power pellets allows Pac-Man to eat the ghosts to earn bonus points, which only lasts for a while. Other items that can be eaten for bonus points range from the classic cherry to pies from Fix-It Felix Jr.. This version of Pac-Man features new third-party characters not created by Namco and uses many assets from the 2013 mobile phone ports.
Like in the 2013 release for mobile ports, there are a number of mazes that the player must purchase with real-world money in order to play them. Players can also unlock them via input code in order to use them. In each maze, each character the player encounters has a unique ability that helps Pac-Man complete the level easier.
When the players start a new game, they are able to play the free demo maze with three stages. Completing all the maze's stages masters the maze the player chose. All the other mazes can only be unlocked for real-world money or inputting a code from a Bandai toy figure via given code to unlock them for free. Each maze features a unique character doing his/her own ability, has its own number of mazes, and different elements the player encounters in these mazes.
- Ralph - Ralph wrecks special walls in the Maze.
- Vanellope - Vanellope teleports from place to place on the map, leaving behind portals for PAC-MAN and the ghosts to use. The best way to a travel!
- Felix - Felix fixes the special walls Ralph wrecks. What a dynamic duo!
- Calhoun - Calhoun will chase ghosts and turn them blue. She's got your back!
- Cy-Bug - Cy-Bugs are invading! Eat the Cy-Bugs before they turn into ghosts and eat you! Cy-Bug ghosts can also be eaten with Power Pellets like normal ghosts.
- Taffyta - Taffyta wants to win and she doesn't care who is in her way! She will run over PAC-MAN or ghosts with dire results. Get out of her way!!!
- PAC-MAN - The other PAC-MAN mirrors you with his movements. Confusing, ain't it?
- Cat - The Cat gets the milkshake. But when PAC-MAN drinks the milkshake ghosts better watch out!
- Bunny - The Bunny gets the pancake. But when PAC-MAN eats the pancake ghosts better watch out!
- KnowsMore - When KnowsMore searches the internet even the ghosts freeze. Talk about slow speeds.
- Shank - Shank uncovers manhole covers all over the maze. Steer clear unless you want to see a sewer shark!
- Double Dan - Glitches on the maze make ghosts scared and PAC-MAN lose his appetite. Double Dan's got nothing to do with that.
- Eeyore - Eeyore sits in the maze and blocks anyone trying to pass. Don't worry, he also flies around the maze to change position. Thanks for noticing him.
- Grumpy - Grumpy will come out of a mine once in a while to surface gems even more powerful than Power Pellets. Eat them and scare all the ghosts!
- Snow White - Snow White sings to call her bluebird friends. The birds will send a random ghost to the Nest. Just a little help from her friends!
- Cinderella - Find Cinderella's glass slipper to turn her into a princess. Once transformed she will keep all the ghosts dancing till midnight. Now that's a perfect fit.
- Aurora - Aurora's fairy godmothers protect her by turning Ghosts into stone. No one can pass the stone Ghost.
- Ariel - Ariel blows bubbles at the bottom of the maze. Bubbles turn Ghosts blue for a while. PAC-MAN can also eat the bubbles for some extra points under the sea.
- Belle - Belle drops her books through the maze. Ghosts stop to read them and PAC-MAN collects the books for extra points. Get your nose stuck in a book!
- Jasmine - Jasmine's lamp acts like a Power Pellet or it can trap a Ghost and turn it blue, like a genie.
- Pocahontas - Pocahontas drops leaves across the Maze. Leaves teleport Ghosts back to the Nest with all the colors of the wind.
- Mulan - Mulan uses her fireworks to send Ghosts back to their nest. Worked on the Huns, right? Have a blast!
- Tiana - Tiana turns the ghosts into frogs. Eat the frogs for points! Now that's a hoppin' special!
- Rapunzel - Whenever Rapunzel meets a ghost she smacks it with a pan turning it blue. I have got to get me one of those!
- Merida - Merida's arrow flies true when the Ghosts are in her sights! Let them quiver!
- Moana - Moana sends waves across the Maze that cause ghosts to wipeout! You can also ride the waves. Hang tight!
- Anna - Ghosts around Anna follow her as she dances through the maze. She's so quick to make friends!
- Elsa - Elsa freezes ghosts around her for PAC-MAN to eat. Now that's a cool move!
- PAC-MAN: Ralph Breaks the Maze at Pac-Man Wiki
- PAC-MAN: Ralph Breaks the Maze at Wreck-It Ralph Wiki