"Paradise Lost" is the sixty-second episode of The Disney Afternoon animated series, TaleSpin. It premiered on February 25, 1991.
Home video releases
- TaleSpin: Volume 3
- This episode takes its name from the epic poem of the same name by John Milton.
- This premise of this episode is very similar to that of the DuckTales episode "Dinosaur Ducks", in that the heroes of both series find and explore a hidden valley inhabited by dinosaurs during the present day (albeit with the valley in this episode only appearing once every 100 years), with both valleys even surrounded by rocky cliff walls that wrap around each valley in an irregular shape that creates a striking resemblance between the two valleys.
- Interestingly enough, since Wildcat secretly enabled the valley in this episode to remain indefinitely, and since it is never stated in "Dinosaur Ducks" where the "Lost World" (as the valley was so named in that episode) was located (while the valley in this TaleSpin episode is located in the Mogabi Desert) it is possible that the two valleys could be one and the same valley, with Scrooge McDuck visiting and taking ownership of the "Lost World" as an animal-friendly tourist attraction several decades after Wildcat secretly left the valley behind.
- Said DuckTales episode even mentions that the "Lost World" had been dreamt of by explorers "for centuries," with the valley in this episode appearing only once per century, aligning the two even further.
- Spunky from the Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers episode, "Catteries Not Included" makes a brief cameo appearance.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.