Party Central is a Pixar 3D computer-animated short film based on Monsters University. After being premiered at the 2013 D23 Expo, it was released with the theatrical release of Muppets Most Wanted on March 21, 2014.
PlotMike and Sulley are visiting Monsters University for the weekend to see how their Oozma Kappa-brothers are doing. OK is throwing their first party, but no one's show up to it yet. Fortunately for the OK-brothers, Mike and Sulley had a feeling something like this would happen, so they've come up with a plan to liven up the house party—using a borrowed door station, they sneak into a party at the Roar Omega Roar fraternity and steal all of its food and guests to fill the Oozma Kappa house. The supply runs take them through the closet doors of a married couple's bedroom, repeatedly disturbing their sleep. Johnny Worthington III arrives at the party, only to find it empty.
Once they have the party fully stocked, Scott "Squishy" Squibbles' mother, Sheri, walks in on it while doing a load of laundry. She is angry with the fraternity, but only because they did not invite her. She also saw the door and thought they were "door jamming". Squishy tried to deny everything at first, before asking what door jamming was. After lighting a bonfire on the front lawn with a scream canister, Sheri introduces the crowd to door jamming. This involves jumping from the roof and landing safely on the lawn after passing through the two doors, to the humans' terror. The guests congratulate the Oozma Kappas along with Mike and Sulley for putting together such a great party, which many of the guys at the party wanting to pledge to Oozma Kappa.
In a post-credits scene, the husband and wife wake their young son, Timmy, up and ask if they can sleep with him. They say that there are monsters in their closets, to which their son vehemently replies, "That's what I've been trying to tell you!"
- John Goodman: James P. "Sulley" Sullivan
- Billy Crystal: Mike Wazowski
- Dave Foley: Terry
- Sean Hayes: Terri
- Joel Murray: Don Carlton
- Charlie Day: Art
- Peter Sohn: Scott "Squishy" Squibbles
- Julia Sweeney: Ms. Squibbles
- Nathan Fillion: Johnny Worthington III
- Bobby Moynihan: Chet Alexander
- Colleen O'Shaughnessey: Mom
- James Kevin Ward: Dad
- Cristina Pucelli: Timmy
Party Central was made to be included on the home video release of Monsters University, but was given a theatrical release instead. The short premiered at the D23 Expo 2013. It was set to be released with the theatrical release of The Good Dinosaur. After The Good Dinosaur was pushed back to November 2015, there had been no official word on when the short would be released. On January 7, 2014, it was announced that it would be theatrically released with Muppets Most Wanted.
Party Central has received a PG rating from the MPAA for "some reckless behavior", unlike the two Monsters, Inc. films which are both rated G. It is Pixar's first PG-rated short, and also the first animated short film owned by Disney to have that rating since 1990's Roger Rabbit short film Roller Coaster Rabbit, as well as Pixar's first PG-rated film to not star a human (besides Mom, Dad and Timmy).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 D23 Expo: ‘Monsters University’ Short Announced, Will Be Attached To ‘The Good Dinosaur’
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Disney to showcase new Pixar short 'Party Central' in front of 'Muppets Most Wanted' - EXCLUSIVE
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Just Released: First Look at Party Central Short
- ↑ “Animation Fascination” Episode 47: Monsters University Orientation with Chris Chua and Austin Madison
- ↑ 'Need for Speed', 'Blended', 'Enemy' and 'Party Central' in Today's MPAA Ratings Bulletin
- ↑ 'Monsters University' Short 'Party Central' Clip and Photos
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|