For Disney, he voiced Doc Hudson in the 2006 Pixar film Cars, the role having been his final one, although he did reprise this role in the 2006 video game of the same name and Mater and the Ghost Light. Unused recordings of Newman originally recorded for Cars were also used for Doc Hudson in Cars 3. Additionally, he played Fast Eddie Felson in The Color of Money, which won him the Academy Award for Best Actor.
- He was originally considered for the role of Eddie Valiant in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. However, Bob Hoskins ended up being cast in that role.
- Newman was once considered, along with Jim Carrey as Buzz Lightyear, to voice Woody in Toy Story. However, he turned down the offer and Tom Hanks was cast instead. However, Newman later went on to voice Doc Hudson in Cars, which was his final role before his death.
- ↑ "Disney Pixar Returns to NAIAS with Cars 3 – Interview with Jay Ward and Jay Shuster + Extended Look! #Cars3 #NAIAS #DetroitlovesAutos". week99er.com (January 10, 2017) Retrieved on April 2, 2017.
- ↑ Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988): NotStarring at IMDb
- ↑ These 7 Facts You (Probably) Didn't Know About 'Toy Story' Will Blow Your Mind! at Movie Pilot