Philip Edward "Phil" Hartman was a Canadian-American actor, voice actor, comedian, graphic artist, and screenwriter who was best known as a cast member on Saturday Night Live from 1986 to 1994, Bill McNeal on NBC's NewsRadio, Captain Carl in the first season of Pee-wee's Playhouse, and for voicing Troy McClure, Lionel Hutz, Evan Conover, and Lyle Lanley in The Simpsons from 1991 until his death in 1998.
For Disney, he voiced Paddywhack in the Disney TV series Darkwing Duck, Air Conditioner and Hanging Lamp in the 1987 feature The Brave Little Toaster, Jiji the cat in Kiki's Delivery Service, and various others listed below.
- Sea Captain in DuckTales
- Paddywhack in Darkwing Duck
- Morris in The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management
- T.O.M. 2000 in ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter (original version, replaced by Tim Curry)
- Air Conditioner and Hanging Lamp in The Brave Little Toaster
- Jiji the cat in Kiki's Delivery Service (English dub)
- Ace London in TaleSpin
- Gary Young in Houseguest
- His surname was actually Hartmann, but he removed the second "n" to improve his i-ching number.
- He was considered to voice Genie in Aladdin along with several other actors before the role was eventually given to Robin Williams.
- He was considered to voice Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story along with Billy Crystal, Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Jim Carrey and Bruce Willis before the role was eventually given to Tim Allen.