|| "Even miracles take a little time."
This article features media from Walt Disney Company or its subsidiaries that has yet to be released.
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
Pinocchio is an upcoming American live-action fantasy film adaptation of the 1940 animated feature of the same name and the book by Carlo Collodi. The film was announced on April 8, 2015, but no release date has been confirmed.
In May 2017, Sam Mendes had reportedly been chosen to direct the film, with Cinderella writer Chris Weitz writing write the screenplay, but in February 2018, Paul King had been confirmed, with Jack Thorne being set to rewrite Weitz's script.
In August 2018 Weitz revealed that the script was still in development and that filming was expected to occur in England and Italy, beginning at some point in 2019. In November 2018, Tom Hanks had entered early talks to play Geppetto. In January 2019, it was announced that Paul King had quit as the director due to family reasons.
In October 2019, it was announced that Robert Zemeckis was in talks to replace King as director, while Chris Weitz had written a new script along with King and Simon Farnaby. Chris Weitz will also produce the film with Andrew Milano. It was also reported that Tom Hanks has turned down the role of Geppeto. In January 2020 Zemeckis officially signed on as director.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 "Robert Zemeckis in Talks to Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ for Disney (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety (October 18, 2019).
- ↑ Pinocchio live-action film announced
- ↑ Sam Mendes in talks for Pinocchio
- ↑ Medina, Joseph Jammer (August 21, 2018). "Disney’s Live-Action Pinocchio Writer Chris Weitz Says They’re Still Developing The Script (Exclusive)". LRM Online. Retrieved on August 21, 2018.
- ↑ "Tom Hanks Circling Geppetto Role in Disney's Live-Action 'Pinocchio'". Variety.com (November 29, 2018).