|| "Even miracles take a little time."
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
- Benjamin Evan Ainsworth as Pinocchio
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Jiminy Cricket
- Tom Hanks as Geppetto
- Cynthia Erivo as Blue Fairy
- Keegan-Michael Key as Honest John
- Luke Evans as The Coachman
- Lorraine Bracco as Sofia the Seagull; a new character
In May 2017, Sam Mendes had reportedly been chosen to direct the film, with Cinderella writer Chris Weitz writing write the screenplay, but in February 2018, Paul King had been confirmed, with Jack Thorne being set to rewrite Weitz's script.
In August 21, 2018 Weitz revealed that the script was still in development and that filming was expected to occur in England and Italy, beginning at some point in 2019. In November 2018, Tom Hanks had entered early talks to play Geppetto. In January 2019, it was announced that Paul King had quit as the director due to family reasons.
In October 2019, it was announced that Robert Zemeckis was in talks to replace King as director, while Chris Weitz had written a new script along with King and Simon Farnaby. Chris Weitz will also produce the film with Andrew Milano. It was also reported that Tom Hanks has turned down the role of Geppeto. In November 29, 2018, Zemeckis officially signed on as director. In August 2020, Disney announced that they were again eyeing Hanks for the role of Geppetto.
- This will be Disney's second live-action film adaptation of Pinocchio, after Geppetto.
- This is the third time Robert Zemeckis has worked for Disney, the first was with Who Framed Roger Rabbit and the second was with A Christmas Carol.
- This will officially be the first time since 2011's Mars Needs Moms that Robert Zemeckis has worked with Disney again.
- This will be the fourth time that Tom Hanks has worked with Robert Zemeckis again, the first was with Forrest Gump, the second was with Cast Away and the third was with The Polar Express.
- This will be the second time that Luke Evans will do a role for a Disney film, after playing Gaston in the 2017 live action adaptation of Beauty and the Beast.
- This will also be the second time that Luke Evans will play a classic Disney Villain.
- This will be Keegan-Michael Key's second role in a Disney remake, after Kamari in the 2019 adaptation of The Lion King.
- "Exclusive: Alan Silvestri to Compose Disney+’s ‘Pinocchio’ With Glen Ballard Writing New Songs". The Disinsider (December 20, 2020).
- "Cynthia Erivo to Play Blue Fairy in Robert Zemeckis’ ‘Pinocchio’ (Exclusive)". The Wrap. Retrieved on March 3, 2021.
- Sam Mendes in talks for Pinocchio
- "Disney's Live-Action 'Pinocchio' Enlists 'Paddington' Director". Hollywood Reporter (February 20, 2018).
- Medina, Joseph Jammer (August 21, 2018). "Disney’s Live-Action Pinocchio Writer Chris Weitz Says They’re Still Developing The Script (Exclusive)". LRM Online. Retrieved on August 21, 2018.
- "Tom Hanks Circling Geppetto Role in Disney's Live-Action 'Pinocchio'". Variety.com (November 29, 2018).
- "Robert Zemeckis in Talks to Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ for Disney (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety (October 18, 2019).
- Disney Eyeing Tom Hanks To Play Geppetto In Robert Zemeckis' 'Pinocchio'
- "‘Beauty And The Beast’ Star Luke Evans Joins Disney’s Tom Hanks ‘Pinocchio’ Movie". deadline.com (January 26, 2021).