On the planet of superheroes, the only non-superhero, called Ordinary Guy, has disappeared, so Comet Guy convinces Darkwing to come to the planet to act as a replacement. After a while, D.W. figures out that Ordinary Guy left because he was tired of being saved, so he tries to bring in a villain for the heroes to fight. After failing to teach Comet Guy how to be a villain, they find that Ordinary Guy has now become a villain, whom D.W. must now fight.
- Final appearance of Comet Guy.
- The title is a reference of an American science fiction media franchise, Planet of the Apes.
- Apparently Comet Guy's planet believes one only qualifies as a superhero if they have powers. Darkwing attempts many times to explain that he IS a hero, but one who uses martial arts and gadgets instead of powers.
- Normally, you would think that superheroes would be defunct on a planet where there's no crime and everyone (mostly) has superpowers.
- Goes to show that common sense is greatly lacked by the populace of Comet Guy's planet.