Pluto pesters Mickey as the mouse tries to do his housecleaning. When the hound swallows a flashlight and later sits on flypaper, you know there's going to be trouble.
Home video releases
- Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Black and White, Volume 2
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Diamond Edition
- This was the first cartoon in which Pluto was developed as major character.
- The cartoon is well known for a classic scene where Pluto gets stuck on a sticky piece of flypaper. This scene, animated by Norm Ferguson, has been described as vital in the history of character animation, because for the first time an animated character really seemed to think and have a mind of his own. The segment is also classic because it demonstrated how Disney artists were able to take a simple circumstance and build humor through a character.
- Clips of the cartoon were used in Preston Sturges' movie Sullivan's Travels (1940). In this film, the title character realizes that having fun is important in life, when he laughs along with his comrades in a movie theater watching this cartoon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.