- “There he goes again, craving adventure and excitement.”
- ―Plo Koon
Plo Koon is a Kel Dor Jedi Master in the Star Wars universe. He is portrayed by Matt Sloan in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, and is voiced by James Arnold Taylor in The Clone Wars TV series. He was killed during the Execution of Order 66 by his own troopers.
In Plo's youth, he was stubborn and difficult, yet humble and polite. Overall Plo exhibits the standard characteristics of a Jedi.
In Plo's later years, he became very calm and level-headed, as he rarely lost his composure and never subjected his deeply held values, and beliefs to change or scrutiny.
As a Jedi, Plo is intelligent and wise, as he is one of the wisest and most intelligent members of the Jedi Order. Despite this, did not realize that his constantly lies and deceit towards Anakin Skywalker, as well as keeping secrets from him, was slowly turning him against the Jedi Order.
Like all Kel Dors, Plo has a strong sense of justice, as he sees issues in black and white. He developed a very close bond with Ahsoka Tano, having been the Jedi that found her and brought her to the Coruscant Jedi Temple, affectionately nicknaming her "Little Soka". Because of their bond, Ahsoka was able to sense his presence after his fleet was destroyed by General Grievous. Despite their special bond, like the rest of the Jedi High Council, Plo abandoned Ahsoka when she was accused of treason, making only a few half-hearted attempts to defend her and displaying an appalling amount of disloyalty towards the girl who had looked up to him her whole life.
Plo's devotion to his own beliefs in justice and right from wrong ultimately blinded him to the fact that he knew Ahsoka better than any other Jedi, apart from Anakin, and that she would never murder someone in cold blood or commit the crimes that she was being accused of.
However, Plo was the only member of the Jedi Council who actually apologized to Ahsoka after she was proved to be innocent while the others took no responsibility for their failure. Plo humbly admitted they had been wrong to accuse Ahsoka and even called her by her nickname of "Little Soka". But Ahsoka was deeply hurt and disappointed by the whole ordeal, and chose to leave the Jedi Order, feeling she could no longer trust any member of the council, not even the Jedi who had brought her to the Coruscant Jedi Temple in the first place.
During the Clone Wars, Plo developed a close bond and respect for the clone troopers under his command and often stated how their lives meant more to him than succeeding in a mission. For instance, he questioned Sergeant Sinker about why he had no hope of being rescued. When the clone replied that it was because all clones were created to be an expendable product, Plo firmly stated "not to me". This shows that he felt a degree of compassion for the clones, which made it all the more harder for some clones serving under him to open fire and kill him upon the execution of Order 66.
Powers and Abilities
- Power of the Force: Plo is very powerful and has a very strong connection to the Force, as he is one of the most powerful Force-users of his time.
- Telekinesis: Plo can telekinetically move objects or other individuals without physically touching them, and he utilizes it for offensive or defensive purposes.
- Mind Trick: Plo can control the minds of other sentient beings, except for individuals with indomitable wills.
- Space Survivability: Like all Kel Dors, Plo does not need to breathe air, being able to survive for a relatively short period of time in outer space.
- Advanced Strength: Plo utilizes his Force powers to amplify his physical strength, making him physically stronger than most other sentient beings.
- Master Lightsaber Duelist: Plo is an extremely skilled lightsaber duelist, as he is one of the deadliest lightsaber duelists of his time.
- Form IV: Plo is extremely skilled in Ataru.
- Form V: Plo is extremely skilled in Shien/Djem So.
- Master Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Plo is a master hand-to-hand combatant.
- Master Pilot: Plo is highly skilled in piloting every type of flying crafts. His piloting skills were surpassed only by Anakin Skywalker and Saesee Tiin.
- High-Level Intellect/Master Tactician/Leader: Plo is highly intelligent and wise. As a Jedi General, Plo is a highly skilled tactician and a very capable leader.
Weapons and Equipment
Plo's valued weapon and possession is blue-bladed lightsaber.
- Lightsaber: Plo had built a blue-bladed lightsaber which he used throughout his Jedi career and the entirety of the Clone Wars. It would remain in Plo's possession until his death.
- Antiox breath mask: Like all Kel Dors, Plo wears an Antiox breath mask to survive in outer space and oxygen atmospheres. It also protects Plo's eyes from the harmful effects of oxygen to his kind.
Attack of the Clones
Plo was seen among the group of Jedi Masters who spoke with Chancellor Palpatine regarding the attempted assassination of Senator Amidala. Later on, he was among the squad of Jedi who rescued Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Padme Amidala on Geonosis. He became a General in the Clone Wars after the battle.
Revenge of the Sith
While scouting on Cato Neimodia, Order 66 was enacted by Chancellor Palpatine, now revealed to be Darth Sidious. Plo's pilots immediately fired on him, and his ship was blown apart by a series of laser blasts and the Jedi Master was killed.
Video Game Appearances
Plo appears in this game.
- During production of the final episode of The Mandalorian, cast and crew were lead to believe that Plo Koon was the Jedi who would rescue Grogu, in order to keep the identity of the true savior a secret until Mark Hamill arrived on-set.