"Plus Est En Vous" is a three-part episode and the series finale of Tangled: The Series. It premiered on March 1, 2020 in the United States, and is collectively the 19th, 20th, and 21st episode of the third season.
Rapunzel rallies all of Corona together to retake the kingdom from Cassandra. Varian learns that Lord Demanitus made a machine that trapped Zhan Tiri in another world and Rapunzel, Eugene, Pascal, Varian, Lance, Angry, and Red venture to Demanitus' tomb to get the plans. After a mishap with Lance fiddling with a mind-switcher device Demanitus had inside the tomb, they obtain the blueprints and realize that they have to build the machine close to Zhan Tiri and the Coronans proceed to storm the castle. Rapunzel searches for Cassandra, ready to confront her and hopefully save her from her madness, but stumbles upon Zhan Tiri instead. The princess's powers begin to wane due to the impending eclipse, and soon, the Sundrop is coalesced into an opal that appears on her chest in a similar manner of the Moonstone Opal. Meanwhile, the Coronans successfully build the portal, but Hamuel accidentally activates it, sucking everyone except Eugene and Edmund through the portal into the Lost Realm.
Zhan Tiri convinces Cassandra to take what is rightfully hers, and she obliges, but not before imprisoning Zhan Tiri due to her distrust of the demon. Unbeknownst to Cassandra, Zhan Tiri has freed herself, recalling how she escaped from her 2,000-year imprisonment in the Lost Realm. Cassandra and Rapunzel meet once again in the hallway. Despite Rapunzel's attempts to turn Cassandra away from her destructive path, the two end up engaging in a fierce battle, unleashing their enhanced might against one another.
Meanwhile, the Brotherhood, still affected by the Mind Trap, attack Edmund and Eugene, who both race to Cassandra's tower to find it and destroy it. Once they arrive, Adira snatches the Mind Trap, and Edmund is revealed to be affected as well, forcing Eugene to fight off the Brotherhood himself. He is severely beaten until he is rescued by Maximus; with Maximus distracting the brainwashed Brotherhood, Eugene manages to gain possession of the Mind Trap, only to be attacked by Edmund, who prepares to finish him off. Eugene gets through to Edmund, who overcomes the brainwashing and destroys the Mind Trap, freeing himself and the Brotherhood from its effects. Eugene reminds Edmund of Rapunzel's fight for their kingdoms, prompting both of them to hurry back to Corona. Meanwhile, Quirin rescues the Coronans from the Lost Realm after regaining his mind.
The fight between Cassandra and Rapunzel quickly makes its way through the castle, destroying many windows, breaking through walls, and eventually climaxing at Rapunzel's room when the eclipse became in full effect. Cassandra strips Rapunzel of the Sundrop, causing Rapunzel's hair to lose its magical capabilities. Suddenly, Zhan Tiri ambushes Cassandra and snatches the Moonstone Opal from her, causing Cassandra to lose her powers as well. Zhan Tiri fuses the Sundrop and the Moonstone into her wrists and transforms into a giant demon (the debris from her transformation destroying the portal in the process). Zhan Tiri tells Cassandra she is like her mother, having an ego, Zhan Tiri then traps Rapunzel and Cassandra in a yellow rock prison and sets off to destroy Corona. Eugene leads an army of Coronans and the Brotherhood in a battle against Zhan Tiri, but the demon encases the army in yellow rocks and chants the Decay Incantation to weaken everyone and plunge the kingdom into darkness.
Imprisoned with Rapunzel, Cassandra breaks down sobbing, overcome with genuine guilt over her heinous actions against the princess, and begs Rapunzel to give up on her. Instead, Rapunzel comforts Cassandra and reminds her how they became friends in the first place, and the two start to reconcile. While searching for a way to break out from their yellow rock prison, Rapunzel looks through her journal and comes across a message from her mother—"Plus Est En Vous"—which she relays to Cassandra. These words instill a new confidence in Cassandra, who gives Rapunzel a broken piece of the Moonstone from their earlier fight, which grants enough energy to Rapunzel's hair to break them out from their prison.
Rapunzel goes to face off against Zhan Tiri, but is quickly outmatched. Just as the demon is about to strike down the princess, Cassandra stuns her in the head with the frying pan, having come to assist Rapunzel to atone for her past atrocities and redeem herself. Rapunzel and Cassandra initially try to merge the Sundrop and the Moonstone in the unconscious demon's wrists, but Zhan Tiri recovers and breaks herself free, forcing the two girls to come up with a new strategy. They use Rapunzel's hair to lasso Zhan Tiri's arms and pull them apart. Cassandra then tosses a yellow rock shard to Rapunzel, who cuts her hair short again with the shard and releases the severed hair to cause Zhan Tiri to unwittingly slam the Sundrop and the Moonstone in her wrists. The collision of the two opals produces an explosion that obliterates the wicked demon into nothingness and also makes the black rocks disintegrate as the eclipse ends.
Just as Rapunzel is ready to celebrate her victory over Zhan Tiri, she finds Cassandra lying on the ground, seemingly having perished in the explosion. Not wanting to let her fully-redeemed friend die, Rapunzel grabs onto the merged Sundrop-Moonstone opal and chants the Healing Incantation one last time, which revives Cassandra and everyone else who has been weakened by the demon, before sending it back into the cosmos. With peace restored to Corona, Eugene, Rapunzel, and Cassandra share a group hug.
Later, Cassandra decides to leave Corona to find her own destiny. She and Rapunzel share a heartfelt hug as they bid each other farewell and acknowledge themselves as best friends once more. Following Cassandra's departure, Rapunzel accepts her role as the Queen she was destined to become as the entire kingdom celebrates happily ever after. Eugene becomes the head of the royal guards with Maximus as his right-hand horse; Varian becomes the royal engineer and creates a heated water system, making Corona the first in the seven kingdoms to have hot running water; Lance adopts Kiera and Catalina; and Edmund returns to The Dark Kingdom with the Brotherhood to rebuild the kingdom while never losing touch with Eugene.
Later that evening, Eugene and Rapunzel are out on their boat where they first fell in love. Eugene mentions a promise he made to Rapunzel during her coronation, which Rapunzel remembers. Having kept his promise to be patient with Rapunzel for as long as she needed and believing that they are both truly ready after everything they went through, Eugene surprises Rapunzel with a new engagement ring and proposes to her one more time, to which Rapunzel ecstatically accepts. The newly-engaged couple profess their love for one another and share a passionate kiss as the series ends.
- Mandy Moore as Rapunzel
- Eden Espinosa as Cassandra
- Zachary Levi as Eugene Fitzherbert, Feldspar
- Jeremy Jordan as Varian
- James Monroe Iglehart as Lance Strongbow
- Jennifer Veal as Zhan Tiri
- Tara Fitzgerald as Full Demon Zhan Tiri
- Bruce Campbell as King Edmund
- Vivian Vencer as Angry/Kiera
- Ruby Jay as Red/Catalina
- Timothy Dalton as Lord Demanitus
- Julie Bowen as Queen Arianna
- Clancy Brown as King Frederic
- Jonathan Banks as Quirin
- Paul F. Tompkins as Shorty
- Kelly Hu as Adira
- Kim Coates as Hector
- Susanne Blakeslee as Old Lady Crowley
- The episode's title is French for "There Is More In You", also a reference to the pilot; Tangled: Before Ever After.
- Plus Est En Vous was the original title of the sequel until it was changed to Before Ever After.
- During the song "Through it All", Ruddiger uses Hamuel like a sword. This is a nod to Pocahontas where Meeko used Flit like a sword when dealing with Percy
- When Rapunzel saves the kingdom by uniting the Sundrop and Moonstone, a shot from space shows Corona as located within a landmass shaped like France.
- The opening song is replaced with the “Previously on Tangled” sequence showing major events of the previous episode with an instrumental of “Wind in My Hair” playing in the background followed by the show’s title.
- The final battle sequence is similar to the acts that played out in the film Aladdin.
- Clips from previous episodes are played during the beginning of the episode: "Challenge of the Brave", "Tangled: Before Ever After", "Destinies Collide", "Rapunzel's Return", and "Race to the Spire".
- Rapunzel's Journal contains pages from previous adventures such as "Destinies Collide", Rapunzel: Day One", "Curses!", "Happiness Is...", "King Pascal" and "Beyond the Corona Walls".
- Cassandra trapping Zhan Tiri in a makeshift cage mirrors how she did the same to Varian from "Cassandra's Revenge".
- Zhan Tiri references to Cassandra that she lost from the beginning like her mother had failed because of their ego, a major nod to villains and those who became villains in Disney movies and the TV series.
- Cassandra and, to a lesser extent, Varian also have their own egos. But unlike Zhan Tiri, they aren't truly evil and manage to redeem themselves.
- Rapunzel and Cassandra are talking while they are inside a cage alongside Pascal in this episode is similar to Rapunzel and Varian are talking to each other while they are inside a cell alongside Pascal in "Rapunzel's Return".
- Also, Cassandra feeling remorseful of her actions as an antagonist before she fights alongside Rapunzel against Zhan Tiri is similar to Varian feeling remorseful of his actions and misdeeds as an antagonist before he fights alongside Rapunzel against Andrew, Clementine, Juniper, and Maisie in "Rapunzel's Return".
- There are many references to the original film, Tangled.
- Eugene narrates the beginning of the episode and at the end, Rapunzel narrates alongside him.
- Rapunzel and Eugene declaring they are each other's dream.
- Rapunzel crying over Cassandra's body as she did with Eugene. In a similar manner, both Eugene and Cassandra are revived when Rapunzel recites the Healing Incantation.
- When Cassandra hits Zhan Tiri with a frying pan she says, “Frying pans, who knew?”, a nod to the beginning of Eugene’s rescue.
- Eugene brings Cassandra in for a group hug as Queen Arianna did with him after returning Rapunzel.
- Eugene and Rapunzel take a boat ride on the river.
- Through It All is similar to I've Got a Dream.
- Rapunzel cuts her hair with a yellow rock shard, like how Eugene cut her hair with a mirror shard.
- Eugene makes a reference to the battle against Varian in "Secret of the Sun Drop".
- Rapunzel makes a reference to the previous times when she and Eugene attempted to propose to each other from Tangled: Before Ever After, "Beyond the Corona Walls", and "Cassandra's Revenge".
- Rapunzel and Cassandra lose the powers of the Sundrop and Moonstone respectively.
- In the scene where Varian ride on Ruddiger in monstrous beast form is a reference to San riding on a wolf from the Studio Ghibli film Princess Mononoke.
- It is revealed that King Edmund was secretly under mind control and is also a member of the Brotherhood.
- Lance briefly sings "Buddy".
- Rapunzel says the Healing Incantation for the last time.
- This episode marks the first and only time Rapunzel wears her tiara in the series.
- This finale has the largest cast of characters in the show's history, though many of them do not have any dialogue.
- Willow, Nigel, King Trevor and Trevor Jr., Dale, Wreck Marauder and Malice Marauder, Friedborg, Monty, Old Lady Crowley, Pete and Stan, Hook Hand; Hook Foot and Seraphina, the rest of the Pub Thugs, Xavier, The Stabbington Brothers, Vex and Captain Quaid, Calliope and the Keeper of the Spire, Stalyan and Brock Thunderstrike, Madame Canardist and Vigor, Feldspar, Lady Caine; Pocket and the rest of her gang, Anthony the Weasel, Dwayne, Fernanda Pizazzo and Doctor St. Croix, Andrew and the Separatists of Saporia, Captain of the Guards, the Lorbs, a couple of Ice Vodniks, Queen of Ingvarr and her people, and the people of Koto, Neserdinia, Bayangor, Galcrest, and Pittsford all appear at the end.
- Hook Foot appears to have reunited with Seraphina, whom he is seen carrying.
- Stalyan has moved on from Eugene and is now with his look alike Brock Thunderstrike.
- At the end of the episode, Rapunzel and Eugene are wearing their original outfits.
- Rapunzel says "This is the fight of our lives", which is exactly the same line Captain America said in 2019 film Avengers: Endgame. The battle against Zhan Tiri is also similar to the battle against Thanos and his army in that film.
- This episode explains where Cassandra was in the short-sequel, Tangled Ever After. Here, her absence is revealed through her leaving Corona following her redemption to find her place in the world. The absence of other characters such as Varian, Old Lady Crowley, Hook Foot, Lance, and the Brotherhood are left unknown.
- In the epilogue, it's described that Rapunzel became the "Queen she was destined to be" implying that her parents abdicated the throne following Zhan Tiri's death.
- This episode was uploaded to the Disney Channel YouTube channel on August 9, 2021.
- When Rapunzel and Queen Arianna are riding back to the Snuggly Duckling, there is a brief shot of Rapunzel wearing her original dress instead of her new one.
- Right before Cassandra knocks Zhan Tiri out with a frying pan, the latter looms over Rapunzel, as indicated by the shadow that cast over her. When the demon collapses, Rapunzel should have been crushed due to the angle.
- At one point, there are still black rocks at the castle gates even after Rapunzel has managed to merge the Sundrop and Moonstone.
- When he and Quirin are building the machine at the end of the episode, Varian does not have the blue streak in his hair.