Pocketeer is a superhero action figure whom Jessie finds at the Sleep Well motel. As his name implies, Pocketeer is a detailed superhero toy with pockets all around him. Like each of the members of Fastener Four, who have a name beginning with a name beginning with a letter that starts with their initials, both Pocketeer and the large pocket located on his chest have a capital letter P on it. As the last of the Fastener Four, Pocketeer felt fearful that he would end being sold just like the other three toys part of the Fastener Four toy line to which Combat Carl Jr. tells him not to be afraid of anything. Later, at the end of the short, Pocketeer no longer feared about getting sold when he and the other toys from the Sleep Well motel arrive at the Ship It transport.
Role in the short
When Woody, Buzz, and the rest of Bonnie's toys find themselves in a cabinet at the Sleep Well motel where they meet Combat Carl and his diminutive counterpart Combat Carl Jr., Carl's diminutive counterpart tells Pocketeer to give him a paperclip to help Bonnie's toys escape to which as he hands it to Carl Jr., he is unable to open the cabinet, losing the paperclip to which Pocketeer tries to give Combat Carl Jr. another one but notices that he has ran out of paperclips. He then worries that he would face the same of what happened to the other three toys part of the Fastener Four toy line to which Carl Jr. explains to remain calm while he and the other toys try to find a way to escape. Later when Ron enters his office, Pocketeer and the other toys freeze inside the cabinet.
After Bonnie and her mother check out of the motel, and after Ron gives Bonnie her toys so that she can return home with them, Pocketeer leaves with the rest of the other toys as they wait to be transported to Billy's house. During the credits, Pocketeer is seen escaping with the other toys as commanded by Combat Carl while Pez Cat tells the other toys that the transport has arrived into the Ship It transport truck.
- Pocketeer's name and toy line give an allusion to superhero references: Zipper Man being a parody of Super Man, Speed Lacer being a parody of Speed Racer, and Pocketeer himself being a parody of The Rocketeer from the comic books of the same name, which in turn would be adapted into a 1991 Disney live-action film.
- Snaps is the only member of the toy line whose name does not have any allusions to superhero references.
- Out of all of them, Speed Lacer is the only one whose name on his superhero outfit has two initials, both of which are his first and last name.
- According to Angus MacLane, Pocketeer's only super power is storage; this is a reference to how Pocketeer is capable of storing objects that can fit inside his pocket which has the the letter "P" on it, such as paperclips.
- Toy Story of Terror! Audio Commentary (Blu-ray, 2014).