"Purred It Through the Grapevine" is the second segment of the sixteenth episode of 101 Dalmatians: The Series. It aired on September 4, 1997.
Lucky, Rolly, Cadpig, and Spot attempt to translate a signal in barking code, so they can show Lt. Pug that the signal is not an invasion warning.
- The episode title is a play on the Marvin Gaye song "I Heard It Through the Grapevine".
- This is Whizzer's first speaking line (in airing order) in 101 Dalmatians: The Series, but here he is voiced by Pamela Segall (Lucky's voice), rather than his normal voice actor, Christine Cavanaugh.
- Lt. Pug describes the Great Cat War as if it is some type of 1940s animation (like Looney Tunes or Tom and Jerry).
- Duchess seems to know and have a liking for the bovine soap opera, "As the World Churns", but seems to have something again it in "Channels". Either that, or she likes the bull that she thinks is called "Yow".
- Swamp Rat attempts to sell the Dalmatians a magazine called Eratica, a risqué homage to the erotica magazines.
- Bob and Bill are literally the black sheep of the family.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.