The soundtrack Recess: School's Out was released on CD and cassette on January 23, 2001 by Walt Disney Records, less than a month before Recess: School's Out was released in theaters on February 16, 2001. The soundtrack is mainly comprised of hits songs from the 1960s, as well as two covers played in the credits and a piece of the instrumental score.
- "Dancing in the Street" - Martha and the Vandellas
- "Born to Be Wild" - Steppenwolf
- "One" - Three Dog Night
- "Incense and Peppermints" - Strawberry Alarm Clock
- "Wipeout" - The Sufaris
- "Purple Haze" - Jimi Hendrix
- "Nobody But Me" - The Human Beinz
- "Let the Sunshine In" - The Fifth Dimension
- "Green Tambourine" - Robert Goulet (As Mikey Blumberg)
- "Recess Suite" (Instrumental) - Denis M. Hannigan and Hans Zimmer
- "Dancing in the Street" - Myra
- On the UK version of the soundtrack, Myra's "Dancing in the Street" cover is replaced with a cover of the same song by Atomic Kitten. Their version of the song also played in the credits of the UK release rather than Myra's version.
- "Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix was played briefly in the film, but included on the soundtrack.
- "Theme from S.W.A.T." was also played in the film and in the theatrical trailer, but was not included on the soundtrack.
- While the soundtrack includes the original version of "Wipe Out", the film uses a different arrangement from series composer Denis M. Hannigan.
- "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge was used in commercials advertising the film's VHS and DVD releases, however, it was not used in the film or included on the soundtrack.