Recess Christmas: Miracle on Third Street is a Disney direct-to-video animated compilation film, released to VHS and DVD on November 6, 2001. It compiles four episodes of the Recess TV series, including the series' Christmas special, "Yes, Mikey, Santa Does Shave". It was followed by two more direct-to-video Recess films in 2003: Recess: Taking the Fifth Grade, and Recess: All Growed Down.
Prickly, Grotke and Finster head home during a snowstorm and remember the times with T.J. and the gang. When they get stuck in a snowbank, Prickly blames it on T.J. and the gang, although Grotke says there is a logical explanation over that, considering that T.J. and the kids are not around the snowbank. As Grotke and Finster tell their stories about their experiences with T.J. and the gang, they are rescued, from where they are trapped, by T.J. and the gang, and Prickly admits T.J. and the others aren't so bad, to which Finster agrees, saying it really makes her feel more warm and fuzzy than before. The film ends with T.J. and the gang singing their version of Jingle Bells, describing about their classmates and teachers.
- T.J. - Andrew Lawrence and Ross Malinger
- Spinelli - Pamela Segall Adlon
- Vince - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Gretchen - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey - Jason Davis
- Gus - Courtland Mead
- Ms. Finster - April Winchell
- Principal Prickly - Dabney Coleman
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- This movie ties together with the episodes "Principal for a Day", "The Great Can Drive", and "Weekend at Muriel's", as well as the aforementioned Christmas special.
- The title of this film is a reference to the 1947 movie Miracle on 34th Street.
- Mikey's Recess-themed version of Jingle Bells, first released on the end credits of "Yes Mikey, Santa Does Shave", is set to animation:
- Oh Jingle Bells, Prickly smells. Menlo's such a drag. The Ashley girls flip their curls and Finster is a hag. Oh Jingle Bells, Randall tells. Kindergarteners scream. What's that noise? The Digger Boys. For lunch they ate some beans., Oh Jingle Bells, Christmas spells, two weeks off from school. No more books or lunch from cooks. The Holidays are cool!
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia page Recess Christmas: Miracle on Third Street. The list of authors can be seen in the . Text from Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.|