Not to be confused with the former Redd Rockett's Pizza Port.
- “Oh, quit your cluckin'. The gentlemen want the rum! Dontcha, boys!"”
- ―Redd, during the Auction.
Redd, also known as the Redhead, is one of the characters in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
Redd was once a woman living in Puerto Dorado in Isla Tesoro, when a group of pirates pillaged the town. She was put in an auction for a bride, where all of the pirates fawned over her. Through unknown circumstances, she became a pirate, herself, and joined Captain Barbossa in sacking Puerto Dorado, again.
In the original attraction, Redd (who was not yet named and colloquially known as "The Redhead") was a citizen of Puerto Dorado who was kidnapped and lined up to be auctioned off in the "Take a Wench for a Bride Auction". During the auction, the auctioneer was attempting to auction off a bride who none of the pirates placed money bids on due to her being over-weight, and much to the Auctioneer's dismay the only woman they displayed any interest in was Redd as they constantly shouted out at the Auctioneer "We Wants the Redhead" only for him to refuse to sell her yet and harass Redd for being so flirtatious with the pirates.
It also implied at the beginning of the ride (which takes place in modern day when the pirates are all dead) that she did wind up becoming a pirate herself as displayed on a portrait in the Crew's Quarters called "Of Things to Come" which shows her enjoying a pirate's life.
This incarnation of the scene was removed in 2017 due to accusations of sexism, fat-shaming, and its light-hearted portrayal of human trafficking and the Redhead was thus updated to become one of the pirates herself.
During the Crew's Quarters sequence of the Grotto, a portrait of Redd can be spotted above the bar area where she is shown enjoying wine and fresh fruits.
Redd is one of the pirates serving Captain Barbossa aboard The Wicked Wench when it ransacks the city of Puerto Dorado on the island of Isla Tesoro in search of its treasure. Redd appears half-drunk in the Auction scene of the attraction where she is shown to be one of the pirates enforcing the auction which is selling off goods stolen from the people of Puerto Dorado. Throughout the auction, the Auctioneer attempts to auction off a coop of stolen hens to no avail as the pirates only want to buy rum. Redd constantly interrupts the Auctioneer and encourages him to sell rum as no-one cares about purchasing the hens.
Redd had a small cameo in this live-show at Disney's Hollywood Studios, in a projection. She and Captain Jack Sparrow were playing, until he whispers something to her. She slapped him, telling him that she wasn't that kind of girl. She slapped him, again, when he said something inappropriate, before leaving the ship.
Redd can be met in the Parks as a meetable character. At Disneyland, she can be found in New Orleans Square.
- The modern incarnation of the Redhead seems to be inspired by the historic Irish pirate, Anne Bonny.
- In the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies, there is a prostitute named Scarlett who is loosely based on the original incarnation of the Redhead.
- Redd's current form first debuted at Disneyland Paris in 2017, when the animatronic was refitted with a pirate outfit and a rifle. The same changes were also given to both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom in 2018. As of 2020, Tokyo Disneyland still has the original auction scene.
- The original Redhead animatronic from Disneyland currently sits at the Walt Disney Archives.