Dolly is in the park, playing with Roxy and Snowball when Dorothy begins rolling down the hill on a skateboard. Dolly takes off to prevent her from accidentally running into Chips the Seagull, but Pearl heroically hops in to stop the collision. Dolly begins to aspire to be like Pearl and begs to be taken on as her partner. After a full day of bugging her, Pearl finally relents and has Dolly join her on patrol. The next morning, Dolly begins to act like a tough cop, much to the annoyance of Dylan, who is trying to have a quiet morning. Pearl arrives to pick up Dolly and the two begin to patrol the park, looking for any suspicious characters. They run into Fergus stealing garbage and warn him against any more trash pilfering. Afterwards, Pearl gives Dolly a police badge for her to wear.
They hear a call at Stanislav's store and head over. He has apparently lost his keys. While Pearl tries to ask questions, Dolly immediately assumes Snowball is guilty and tries to grill her, annoying Pearl. Later, they discover that Clarissa has lost her favorite nightlight as well as a couple of more items and, once again, Dolly displays a highly suspicious attitude. Déjà Vu's colar has also been stolen and Dolly suspects Dorothy. Pearl gets her to stop and instead, Dolly assumes that Constantin is the culprit, to which Pearl slightly agrees, as he was near all the scenes.
Dolly and Pearl commandeer Dylan's tree house and spy on Constantin, but Dolly calls him "too boring" to be the guilty party. Suddenly, they both have an epiphany. It was Chips who had stolen the items, and sure enough, they discover him flying by and glowing. The two chase him down in Constantin's backyard and get him to spit out the contents. Dolly wants to arrest him, but Pearl lets him off due to his simplistic mind. Apollo, having been alerted to the noise complaints, is about to reprimand Pearl for the damages, but Dolly takes the blame with Pearl taking her to jail. Dolly suddenly realizes that Pearl is probably not joking.
- Josh Brener as Dylan
- Michaela Dietz as Dolly
- Tameka Empson as Pearl
- Harriet Carmichael as Clarissa
- Margot Powell as Dorothy
- Lauren Donzis as Destiny and Déjà Vu
- Abigail Zoe Lewis as Dallas
- Conor MacNeill as Fergus and Apollo
- Akiya Henry as Roxy
- Daniela Denby-Ashe as Snowball
- Rufus Jones as Constantin
- Michael D. Golab as Stanislav
- Tom Haywood as Chips
- Chips the Seagull returns in this episode, having stowed away on the bus in "A Summer to Remember".
- Before she begins her ride-along, Dolly holds a rubber duck to Dylan and asks him, "Feeling lucky, pup!?". This is a homage to Clint Eastwood's line "Feeling lucky, punk!?" from the "Dirty Harry" films.
- This episode casts Dolly (voiced by Michaela Dietz) against a character named Pearl. Dietz previously voiced Amethyst on Steven Universe, who is friends with another character also named Pearl.