Rochelle is a tough racer and the pride of the Great White North. Always confident and capable, she got her start running mail to small towns in Quebec, picking up home remedies for mechanical maladies along the way. She also developed a knack for fast travel that ultimately inspired her to give air racing a try. Rochelle never looked back (this competitive contender doesn't need to). She is relentlessly pursued by charmer El Chupacabra, but steadfast Rochelle is much too focused on winning the race to return his affections.
Rochelle is one of the racers who competes against other planes in the Wings Around the Globe event and while preparing for the race, El Chupacabra gazes upon her to which Dusty describes her as the Canadian rally champ before the racers prepare for the race as she and the other racers take off, flying from the JFK Airport in New York to Iceland. As the racers stop at Iceland, El Chu asks her to know how much a snowplow weighs to which Rochelle doesn't know about the size of it.
As the racers arrive at India, El Chupacabra's conversation Rochelle was a failure, to which Dusty advises El Chu of what to do when she meets Rochelle, to which the conversation is interrupted when Ishani arrives. As the racers stop by at Nepal, Rochelle and the other racers react of what Dusty did to get in first place. Later while at Shanghai, China, El Chu plans to get Rochelle's attention once again by turning on a radio to which Rochelle denies. To help attract Rochelle, El Chu brings a group of mariachi forklifts to serenade her and get her attention and while El Chu sings Dusty's version of the song "Love Machine", she becomes deeply in love with her to which after a brief conversation, he briefly comments to himself about his experience with Rochelle just before the race resumes again.
The next day while Dusty is in Mexico, Rochelle and the international racers help Dusty win against Ripslinger. The next day, Rochelle and the other planes take off from Mexico to New York. Later after Dusty wins against Ripslinger, Rochelle and the other racing planes congratulate Dusty for the victory, alongside Franz.
- A sponsor on Rochelle's body is Powder Propellers.
- Rochelle's design is a combination of a LearAvia Lear Fan's fuselage, a F-117's V-shaped tail, a Williams V-Jet II's cockpit windows, and a Cessna 402's wing-mounted turboprop engines.
- For 11 international releases, Rochelle's nationality and paint job are changed. In the Australian trailer, we also see Dusty telling El Chu, "That's Rochelle, the Australian rally champ." This line is different in some countries where Rochelle isn't from Canada, along with the other lines that mention her nationality and have her speak her language. She was also voiced by Jessica Marais in the Australian and New Zealand versions. She is additionally renamed in some versions, like "Carolina" in the Brazilian and Latin American versions, "Tanya" in the Russian version, "Heidi" in the German version, "Azzurra" in the Italian version, "Sakura" in the Japanese version and "Yún Yàn Fēi" in the Chinese version. This is similar to what happened in the Pixar film, Cars 2 in which the character Jeff Gorvette was replaced by regional characters depending in international releases.
- The Japanese actor of Sakura was Naka Riisa (仲里依紗), while the Chinese / Putonghua actor of Yún Yàn Fēi was 昱头 (Yù Tóu).
- This could also imply why Rochelle doesn't appear in Planes: The Video Game, which it is possibly because it would have been difficult to put Rochelle's changes in the international versions of the game along with her voice actresses.
- In the Polish version, she is voiced by Anna Dereszowska.
- In the Brazilian version, she is voiced by Ivete Sangalo.
- ‘Planes’ Official Character Descriptions, Casting and Character Poses (Hi-Res)
- CineEurope Preview: Disney Exec on Selling 'The Lone Ranger' Overseas (Q&A)
- Jessica Marais joins Planes cast downunder
- PLANES Clip - 'Jessica Marais'
- Ivete dubla a personagem Carolina Santos Duavião no filme 'Aviões', da Disney (in Portuguese)