During the shooting of a medieval film, crew member Mickey and background extra Minnie must retrieve a loose film reel rolling through a Hollywood studio backlot or else risk losing their jobs.
The episode begins inside Stage 14 where people are dancing, the King eats chicken, and Minnie fills the Queen's glass with water. Suddenly, the Wolf Arrowmen come inside the castle, and Mickey interrupts the shooting, causing the director to throw him out. As they try again, Mickey chases a runaway film reel through various soundstages until it bonks him on the head. It pulls a lever to turn on the giant electric fan, which blows them away. When they see soldiers riding in a horse-drawn carriage, Mickey gets the idea to use the film reel as a replacement carriage wheel.
Inside the screening room, while the director watches the mixed-up films, he spits out his coffee in shock.
Outside the movie studio, Mickey and Minnie try to go inside a taxi, but it is suddenly kicked away by the director and it explodes. He yells at them and the scared mice start babbling, but they fail to explain. The director tells them that he will make them... his newest stars! It turns out that the director is happy with the way the movie turned out, and all ends happily with Mickey and Minnie sharing a kiss in Hollywood as the paparazzi take photos of them.
- Mickey Mouse
- Minnie Mouse
- King (cameo)
- Wolf Arrowmen (cameo)
- Martian Mastermind (cameo)
- Donald Duck (cameo; as a floatie)
- Many of the film productions Mickey and Minnie run through are homages to specific films, such as Godzilla and Ben-Hur. Two of them, a sci-fi film resembling Alien, and a Busby Berkeley aqua-musical in the style of Footlight Parade, are films that were featured in The Great Movie Ride, the attraction that was replaced by Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.
- Mickey wears a Donald Duck floatie in the aqua-musical sequence.
- This episode seems to tell the story of how Mickey and Minnie became the stars of Disney.