Marcy begins treating Anne and the Plantars to the food in Newtopia. Sprig and Polly pick up on the fact that Marcy is intelligent while Anne is a bit of a goofball. They are suddenly alerted by an arrow with a message on it, though Marcy identifies it as a "puzzlegram". Rather than giving a direct message, the King gives clues that are spread over the city that together form the true message. Anne and Sprig decide to follow Marcy through the city to collect the message while Hop Pop and Polly stay when the former hears that there is a rewards program at the restaurant and decides to exploit it by getting a free prize. Anne privately admits to Sprig that she feels dumb when she is around Marcy, so at Sprig's suggestion, Anne decides to try and one up Marcy by solving the riddle before she does.
They first head to Coral Park where the first clue is a tree with an eye on it. Anne thinks they need to listen to the trees, but Marcy discovers that a statue depicting a newt looking through the telescope reveals the first clue, "Bring". As they leave the park, Anne helps a little girl axolotl named Efty get her kill-a-pillar out of a tree. They next arrive at a building with a weather vane; the clue being the weather vane focusing on a W. Anne rushes off and tries to get help from an older newt named Doris, but instead begins socializing with her. Marcy and Sprig discover that the answer is a wall of bricks that reveal the second clue, "Me". As the three leave to the next clue, located on a bridge with a giant statue of Marcy, Anne decides to sit the next one out.
Anne meets a nacho vendor named Gertie who gives her encouragement by telling her to sound smart. Anne comes back and assumes that they have to go into the sewers. She accidentally releases an alligator, which Marcy reveals was her idea to clean up the trash, but end up having to outrun it. They find the exit, but stuck resulting in Doris, Efty, Gertie, and later Hop Pop and Polly, to come and rescue them. Sprig accidentally reveals Anne's jealousy and Marcy reveals that she herself is jealous of her because she can be social, as evidenced by the three people that she befriended that day. Anne discovers the final clue in the nachos which says "The Plantars" as in "Bring Me The Plantars". Everyone celebrates by feeding the alligator.
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar
- Haley Tju as Marcy Wu
- Tress MacNeille as Doris
- Brielle Milla as Efty
- Nicole Byer as Gertie
- This episode reveals that Newtopia is more advanced than those seen in Wartwood. Much of which is the result of Marcy making changes throughout the city.
- After getting Efty's kill-a-pillar out of the tree, Anne tells her "don't let it grow up". This is a reference to the episode "The Domino Effect" where she attempted to raise one and accidentally grew it into a killer moth.
- Anne and Marcy are revealed to have personalities that complement one another. Anne is social while Marcy is smart.