He played Michael MacBride in the 1959 Disney film, Darby O'Gill and the Little People. He also played Dr. Robert Campbell in Medicine Man, Captain John Patrick Mason in the 1996 Hollywood Pictures film, The Rock, and Dr. Henry Jones, Sr. in the third Indiana Jones film, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Connery was considered along with Timothy Dalton and Liam Neeson for the role of Mufasa in The Lion King, but James Earl Jones was cast at the end.
- Connery was considered along with Danny Kaye, Fred Astaire, Jim Dale, Cary Grant, Richard Burton, Alec Guinness, Richard Harris, Rex Harrison, Ron Moody, Frank Sinatra, Laurence Olivier, Peter O'Toole, Gregory Peck, Kirk Douglas, James Garner, Michael Rennie, Phil Harris, Buddy Ebsen, Christopher Plummer, Peter Sellers, Richard Todd, Tommy Steele, Peter Ustinov, David Niven, and Roddy McDowall for the role of Bert in Mary Poppins.
- Connery was once considered to voice Cassim in Aladdin and the King of Thieves. Oddly, John Rhys-Davies, who appeared along him in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, ended up playing the part
- With the death of Kieron Moore (Pony Sugrue) on July 15, 2007, Sean Connery is the last surviving cast member of Darby O'Gill and the Little People.
- In 2007, Connery was initially asked to reprise his role as Dr. Henry Jones, Sr. in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. However, Connery turned down the offer as he was happy with his retirement, so the character was mentioned to have passed away off-screen in the final version of the film.