Milo decides to cook his friends some macaroni and cheese, but Melissa and Zack feel that is not a good idea. Zack suggests they order out, but Milo has already started cooking. At first, Melissa and Zack are worried that Murphy's Law will strike, but eventually see that everything is going well. Milo boils the macaroni on the cooker with some melted cheese, and later dishes up two platefuls of macaroni and cheese for each of them. Then just when they think all is well, the macaroni and cheese explodes throughout the house due to the adding too much yeast. The massive cheese explosion shoots Diogee up and out of the chimney, after which he lands on the back of a dump truck loaded with dirt.
Due to their clothes being covered in macaroni and cheese, Milo lends some of his clothes to Melissa and Zack. Zack decides they should order a pizza and find a pizza place online called Ye Olde Pizza. Meeting their "Pizza Squire" online, Milo recognizes her as Veronica. After ordering their pizza, Zack and Melissa ask Milo about Veronica and how the two of them know each other. All Milo says is that his backpack does not in fact belong to him. While waiting for Veronica to deliver their pizza, Milo, Melissa and Zack go into the garage to await her arrival. Milo still has yet to tell his friends about Veronica.
All meanwhile, Veronica sets out to deliver Milo, Melissa and Zack's pizza on her delivery scooter. Along the way, she dodges some ducks crossing the street and flies through a billboard. Approaching a crash site, Veronica meets up with Diogee and decides to give him a ride home. Suddenly, they are chased by a tidal wave of pistachios caused by Vinnie and Balthazar. Vernoica loses her scooter with only the sidecar surviving. With some improvisation, Veronica and Diogee ride the rest of the way to Milo's house on sidecar, using a bottle of diet soda mixed with mints as an after burner. Milo, Melissa and Zack are ready for her, and Veronica and Diogee fly into the garage as the sidecar falls to pieces. They bounce back on a trampoline and land into a pile of boxes. After handing them their pizza, Milo introduces Melissa and Zack to Veronica, who use to be his babysitter. Compared to his previous sitters, Veronica was the only one smart and resourceful enough to handle the misfortune that happens around Murphy. The backpack that Milo carries use to belong to Veronica until she gave it to him. Veronica then heads back to the pizza place to get them another soda, but not before making a strange compliment towards Zack about "the Lumberzacks" and "Chop, chop, chop". After she rides off on a ostrich, Milo asks how Veronica knows Zack and "what the heck is a Lumberzack". Zack tries to avoid answering his question, but Melissa looks it up on the internet. It is revealed in a music video on the web that Zack used to be the lead singer in a boy band called the Lumberzacks. Zack begs Milo and Melissa to stop watching it, but they continue.
After watching the video, Milo, Melissa and Zack sit down to eat the pizza. While Zack found it humiliating, Milo and Melissa were amazed by the fact that he was in a band. They even suggest starting their own band, with Melissa on bass and Milo on accordion, just as Diogee ends up sitting on their pizza.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic as Milo Murphy
- Sabrina Carpenter as Melissa Chase
- Mekai Curtis as Zack Underwood
- Danica McKellar as Veronica
- Dee Bradley Baker as Diogee
- Dan Povenmire as Vinnie Dakota
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Balthazar Cavendish
- Girl with a Suit of Armor
- Chop Away at My Heart
- This is the first episode to feature two songs.
- The episode's title is a pun to the 1996 film Secrets and Lies.
- It is revealed in this episode that Melissa has false front teeth.
- During the scene where Milo cooks macaroni cheese, an instrumental version of the song Be Our Guest, from Beauty and the Beast, can be heard in the background.
- In the 30 minute Disney XD broadcast (paired with "Athledecamathalon"), the credits only list Danica McKellar under "Additional Voices". She is specifically credited for Veronica's voice at the end of the 11 minute version where the episode plays solo (or at least a version that was available on demand).
- April 25, 2017 (Portugal)