The cartoon begins with Donald enjoying a leisurely day in his hammock, sipping lemonade and listening to soothing music on his radio. Then Smiling Uncle Smiley, a musical philosopher, comes on the radio to talk about the importance of self-control, which can be mastered if you just "laugh and count to ten".
Donald decides to take Uncle Smiley's advice and keep his temper under control, but soon he is tested. A rascally woodpecker arrives and begins to slowly but surely irritate Donald through various ways. Though he tries hard to keep his temper, Donald in the end blows his lid and destroys his radio when Uncle Smiley is heard again.
- Clarence Nash - Donald Duck
- Otis Harlan - Uncle Smiley
- Florence Gill - Hen
- Al Bernie - Radio Announcer
- The Mickey Mouse Club, January 1, 1957 (part one) and April 24, 1957 (part two)
- The New Mickey Mouse Club, episode C-002, January 18, 1977
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #22
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #62
- Donald's Quack Attack, episodes #1 & #12
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald
- This cartoon marks Donald's first attempt at controlling his temper.