"Sellouts" is the second segment of the fifty-sixth episode of Big City Greens.
The Greens try new methods to improve sales at their produce stand.
Bill gathers the family together to inform them that they are broke and thus must sell their produce fast to save the stand. As the Greens excitedly lean in on the plan, Gloria enters asking to join them. They immediately dismiss her due to her unfamiliarity with selling produce, making her feel miserable. Just as the Greens leave to the farmer's market, Gloria decides to prove them wrong by feeding the chickens. True to their critique, Gloria attempts to feed them bananas, but one chicken gets loose as she tries to catch it. She manages to do so and realizes that she looks "cool" and takes a photo of her. However, she left the pen open and all the chickens escape and take a bus to the center of Big City.
At the farmer's market, the Greens all decide to try different tactics to sell their produce. Cricket wants to do something exciting so he builds an unstable ramp with the intent to ride off of it so, hit a target and land in a bucket of water while bath bombs go off; all while covered in honey. Tilly wants to get personal and manages to attract a woman named Angela and tries to get into her mind, only to scare her off when their eyeballs touch. Gramma Alice uses fear tactics to scare everyone into buying vegetables. She ends up annoying everyone and Officer Keys locks her in his patrol car. Cricket's stunt goes disastrously wrong after one of the chickens loosens his ramp.
Gloria arrives just in time to see the chickens running amok. Bill finds Gloria and tells her that the chickens always follow Tilly, hence their intelligent behavior. Gloria admits that she is not cut out for their line of work while the Greens admit that they did not sell any produce. Gloria discovers that the "cool chicken" went viral and learns that the Greens have no concept of social media. She helps them by creating uniforms and showing their photos online; causing a huge surge of customers, including one from out of town, to come and by produce from them. The stand is saved and a customer acknowledges how cool the chicken is.
- Chris Houghton as Cricket Green
- Marieve Herington as Tilly Green
- Bob Joles as Bill Green
- Artemis Pebdani as Gramma Alice
- Anna Akana as Gloria Sato
- Andy Daly as Officer Keys
- This, along with its previous episode, have one word in the title.
- Green Family Farms has now gone viral thanks to Gloria.
- A poster for a new Croblins movie called Croblins: Legacy is seen on the bus.
- Tilly’s line, "Come to Tilly", when she speaks to a woman is similar to how Butt-head says "Come to Butt-head", when he encounters or speaks to women in Beavis and Butt-head.
- This episode mentions another city called Medium City, which presumably is slightly smaller than Big City.
- The Greens' lack of technology becomes poignant in this episode, as Gloria discovered the Greens have never advertised their farm through social media due to this weakness for living off the grid their whole life.
- Moral: Try to focus on what you can do to solve a problem instead of what you can't do.