Pepper Ann uses a relationship book to figure out which of her three admirers she wants to take to a party.
For an upcoming dance, Nicky has things prepared with Stewart, Milo is already planning to ask Gwen out and Pepper Ann is strategizing for Craig to ask her. Pepper Ann suddenly gets a note from Joaquim Sanchez, who had mistaken her for Didi O'Shaunassy, and accepts a date with him to a restaurant that turns out well. Later, she gets asked out by fellow soccer player Bud to a monster truck rally and she goes out with him too. Finally, she is asked by Craig for a quick get together at the JavaNutt.
Pepper Ann is confused about why she was asked out by three different boys and Nicky points out how confident she has become and tells her to read up on how to handle it. She picks up a book that Lydia had called Men Are Like Cars, Women Are Like Tennis and begins to simultaneously test the three by having them do tremendous things for her. Eventually, all three boys find out and furiously dump her. Nicky discovers the book she was reading and informs her that the book was used as a prop for the Adamant Eve convention.
Pepper Ann tries to apologize to Joaquim and Bud who both cut off from her while she has her father send a message to Craig via blimp, though she does not know if he got it. Pepper Ann and Milo, who had been turned down by different women, both end up going together. Milo runs into Gwen who reveals that she got the wrong ideas from the same book as Pepper Ann and the two begin to dance. Pepper Ann runs into Craig who saw her apology and admitted that he could not stay mad at her and resume their relationship.
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Pepper Ann Pearson
- Jeff Bennett as Dieter Liederhosen, Craig Bean, Waiter
- Danny Cooksey as Milo Kamalani
- Clea Lewis as Nicky Little
- April Winchell as Lydia Pearson, Librarian
- Jason Marsden as Bud
- Mario Lopez as Joaquim Sanchez
- Kimmy G. Robertson as Gwen Mezzrow
- Susan Tolsky as Janie Diggety
- The title is a play on the Jane Austen novel Sense and Sensibility.
- This episode features the return of Joaquim Sanchez from "Doppelganger Didi" and Bud from "One of the Guys".