September 11 is known in the United States as 9/11, the day the planes crashed into the World Trade Center twin towers in New York City in 2001.
- 1990 - The TaleSpin episode "It Came From Beneath the Sea Duck" airs in syndication, after premiering on The Disney Channel May 19 of the same year.
- 1991 - The Darkwing Duck episode "Night of the Living Spud" premieres in syndication.
- 1995 - The Gargoyles episode "The Mirror" premieres in syndication.
- 1996 - The Quack Pack episode "Pride Goeth Before the Fall Guy" premieres in syndication.
- 1997 - The 101 Dalmatians: The Series episode "Four Stories Up" premieres in syndication.
- 1998 - The Hercules episode "Hercules and the Prince of Thrace" premiere in syndication.
- The Recess and Pepper Ann season three premieres "One Stayed Clean/A Genius Among Us" and "You Oughta Be in Musicals" premiere on ABC.
- Mickey Mouse Works episode "Goofy Extreme Sports: Rock Climbing/Hansel and Gretel/Donald on Ice/Mickey's Mechanical House" premiere on ABC.
- The PB&J Otter episode "Lost and Found/Sherlock Otter" premieres on Playhouse Disney. On the same day, Recess premieres in France on TF1 and Disney Channel.
- 2001 - The Legend of Tarzan episode Tarzan and the Poisoned River (Part 2) premieres on UPN and in syndication.
- 2004 - The Brandy & Mr. Whiskers episode "Skin of Eeeeeeeevil!!!" premieres on Disney Channel.
- 2008 - The Emperor's New School premiere on Disney Channel with the episode "Groove Remover/Overachiever's Club".
- 2009 - The Suite Life on Deck episode "Smarticle Particles" premieres on Disney Channel.
- 2011 - The Good Luck Charlie episode "Ditch Day" premieres on Disney Channel.
VHS & DVD releases
- 1991 - 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Candleshoe, The Love Bug, The Apple Dumpling Gang, The Story of Robin Hood and his Merrie Men, Freaky Friday, Kidnapped, In Search of the Castaways, Treasure Island, Old Yeller, Pollyanna, The Three Lives of Thomasina, and The Parent Trap.
- 1992 - Alvin and the Chipmucks: Rockin' With the Chipmucks
- 2001 - The Book of Pooh: Fun with Words and Fun with Friends
- 2007 - Grey's Anatomy: The Complete Third Season (Touchstone Television) *2012 - Castle: The Complete Fourth Season (ABC Studios) and Private Practice: The Complete Fifth Season (ABC Studios)
- 2018 - DuckTales: Volume 4: Anniversary Edition
- 2001 - Both Disney Parks in the U.S. temporarily closed due to the September 11 attacks.
- 2009 - The first D23 Expo takes place in Anaheim, California.
- 1892 - Pinto Colvig (voice actor)
- 1909 - Anne Seymour (film and television character actress)
- 1910 - John Sutherland (producer, writer, animator, and voice actor)
- 1917 - Herbert Lom (film and television actor)
- 1934 - Ian Abercrombie (actor)
- 1956 - Cathy Horyn (fashion journalist)
- 1958 - Roxann Dawson (actress, TV director, and producer)
- 1961 - Elizabeth Daily (voice actress)
- 1970 - Taraji P. Henson (actress and author)
- 1977 - Jackie Buscarino (actress, voice actress, and screenwriter)
- 1979 - Ariana Richards (actress)
- 1987 - Elizabeth Henstridge (actress)
- 1979 - Les Clark (animator)
- 1994 - Jessica Tandy (actress)
- 2003 - John Ritter (actor and comedian)
- 2010 - Harold Gould (actor)
|≪||September 10||Timeline||September 12||≫|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.