Shaak Ti is a Togruta Jedi Master and one of the main characters who appeared in the Star Wars universe. She is portrayed by Orli Shoshan in the live-action films and voiced by Tasia Valenza in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- 1 Background
- 2 Film Appearances
- 3 Television Appearances
- 4 Disney Parks
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Trivia
- 7 External links
Shaak was born Force-sensitive on the planet Shili. At a very young age, she was discovered by the Jedi Order and brought to the Coruscant Jedi Temple to be trained as a Jedi. She eventually obtained the rank of Jedi Master, becoming a member of the Jedi High Council and becoming one of the finest Jedi that the Jedi Order has ever had.
Shortly after the Clone Wars had begun, Shaak became a Jedi General, early in the war, Shaak was assigned to the watery world of Kamino, in order to oversee the production and training of new Clone Troopers throughout the war.
By the end of the Clone Wars, Anakin Skywalker, now the ruthless Sith Lord Darth Vader, led a legion of five hundred and one clone troopers and attacked the Coruscant Jedi Temple, during the attack on the Coruscant Jedi Temple, Shaak was in a meditation state at the time, leaving her vulnerable to attack and preventing her from assisting her Jedi comrades; as she meditated during the attack, Shaak was impaled and killed by Vader's blue-bladed lightsaber.
Shaak's nature is sometimes different from her kind, being highly independent and preferring to operate alone. She is sometimes viewed as cold and unfeeling, something that is not helped by her naturally pointed teeth which, when bared, appears as a sinister snarl, naturally patterning to blend into the wilds of Shil. However, Shaak is actually a kind, caring, and compassionate person with a good sense of humour.
As a Jedi, Shaak is intelligent and wise. Despite this, like most Jedi Masters, she is somewhat arrogant, self-righteous and short-sighted, focusing almost entirely on the future and giving the present little to no thought. She also sometimes has a habit of underestimating the younger generation of Jedi, as she incorrectly believed that Anakin Skywalker was not ready to become a Jedi Knight.
On this matter, Shaak was in the minority when she voiced her doubt about the young Jedi's nature and his readiness to be a Jedi Knight. Thus, she was overruled by the other Jedi High Council members, although she held close to her opinion. However, Shaak was later shocked about the change on Anakin, due to him becoming Darth Vader.
Shaak is a slender, fit Togruta and a sensual, spiritual-looking creature. She has distinctive commonplace white lekku with navy stripes, vermillion skin, black eyes, lavender lips, white patches around both her eyes and forehead area with vertical red lines towards the middle of said markings, later the red lines appear closer to the middle of her face.
She is adorned with monochromatic (later grey) fingernails, a silver (later gold) akul-tooth headdress, long pleated light brown (later terracotta) skirt with a simple black top and brown lower-arm cuffs or gauntlets. She wears brown (sometimes black) Jedi field boots, tan skin-tight trousers that can also be dark brown, a brown leather belt and buckle, orange and brown patterned tabbard from her belt, a long tan coloured leather sash around her neck, a simple hooded short brown Jedi robe.
Powers and Abilities
- Power of the Force: Shaak is extremely powerful and has a very strong connection to the Force, as she is one of the most powerful Force-users of her time.
- Telekinesis: Shaak can telekinetically move objects or other individuals without physically touching them, and she utilizes it for offensive or defensive purposes. The telekinesis combined with the sensibility of her hollow montrals, make her very perceptive of her surroundings, so she uses them to her advantage, including utilizing the Force to improvise and manipulate objects around her as weapons.
- Taming Beasts: Shaak can control the minds of animals.
- Extrasensory Perception: As other members of her kind, Shaak has an increased spatial awareness because of her hollow montrals, organs which allow her to sense the objects that move around them. Shaak uses her extrasensory perception to her advantage and, combined telekinesis, she analyses her surroundings and improvises the use of objects in combat. She also uses this perception to not become overwhelmed when fighting groups or when dealing with complex movements.
- Master Lightsaber Duelist: Shaak is a highly skilled lightsaber duelist, as she is one of the deadliest lightsaber duelists of her time. Shaak is a master of all forms of lightsaber combat.
- Form I: Shaak is highly skilled in Shii-Cho.
- Form II: Shaak is highly skilled in Makashi.
- Form III: Shaak is highly skilled in Soresu.
- Form IV: Shaak is highly skilled in Ataru.
- Form V: Shaak is highly skilled in Shien/Djem So.
- Form VI: Shaak is highly skilled in Niman.
- Form VII: Shaak is highly skilled in Juyo/Vaapad.
- Jar'Kai: Shaak is highly skilled in Jar'Kai.
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Shaak is a highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant and also has great martial artists abilities.
- High-Level Intellect/Master Tactician/Leader: Shaak is highly intelligent and wise. As a Jedi General, Shaak is a highly skilled tactician and a very capable leader.
- Meditation: Shaak can further amplify her connection to the Force with a clear mind by meditating.
Weapons and Equipment
Shaak's valued weapon and possession is her blue-bladed lightsaber.
- Lightsaber: Shaak had built a blue-bladed lightsaber which she used throughout her Jedi career and the entirety of the Clone Wars. It would remain in Shaak's possession until her death at the hands of Anakin Skywalker, but it is unknown what happened to it after Shaak's death.
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
Shaak is part of the Jedi High Council replacing master Yaddle. After Obi-Wan Kenobi was captured along with Anakin Skywalker, and Padmé Amidala on Geonosis, Shaak travelled with a 250 member Jedi strike team led by Mace Windu to rescue them. They were all surrounded by droids, but were saved by Yoda, and his clonetroopers. In the days afterwards, Shaak was made one of the first Jedi generals for her membership on the Jedi council, extensive array of capabilities, combat experience, leadership, strategical skill, and was often stationed on Kamino to protect and oversee republic clone production, and training when she was not leading battles.
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
Shaak was still a member of the Jedi Council when they became suspicious of Chancellor Palpatine. During Anakin Skywalker's assault on the Jedi Temple during Order 66 with the Clone Troopers, she was meditating when the fallen Jedi Knight snuck up behind her, and stabbed her through the heart with his lightsaber, killing her instantly. This would lead him down the dark path to becoming Darth Vader.
Shaak was training clone cadets on Kamino when the Clone Wars began. She was seen throughout the show as a supporting character.
Star Wars Weekends
- In the video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Shaak had an apprentice named Maris Brood. In this she was killed by Darth Vader's secret apprentice, Starkiller (real name Galen Marek), and Maris went to the dark side. As of 2014, the game no longer fits in with the current Star Wars canon and her death was changed to her being murdered by Anakin Skywalker during his transformation into Darth Vader.