Set in Washington D.C., this film documents an attempted power grab by White House Chief of Staff Jacob Conrad (Donald Sutherland). Bobby Bishop (Charlie Sheen) is a special aide to the president, and finds out about a plot to assassinate the president from a former professor. Bobby's old professor is quickly murdered, and he is left to try to uncover the conspiracy on his own. He recruits his journalist friend Amanda Givens (Linda Hamilton) to help him uncover the mystery and stop the assassination.
The movie involves several chase scenes and a harrowingly close assassination attempt at the end.
- Charlie Sheen as Bobby Bishop
- Donald Sutherland as Jacob Conrad
- Linda Hamilton as Amanda Givens
- Stephen Lang as The Agent
- Ben Gazzara as Vice President Saxon
- Sam Waterston as The President
- Nicholas Turturro as Grasso
- Stanley Anderson as Atty. Gen. Toyanbee
- Theodore Bikel as Prof. Yuri Pochenko
- Paul Gleason as Blythe
- Terry O'Quinn as Frank Ridell
- Gore Vidal as Congressman Page
- Dey Young as Janet
The film received extremely negative reviews from critics with Rotten Tomatoes giving this a film a rare 0% rating based on 28 reviews. Shadow Conspiracy was a gigantic flop at the box office, grossing less than $2 million domestically and was soon pulled from theaters due to lack of publicity.
When the US Secret Service would not allow the filmmakers to land their UH-1 Huey on the South Lawn, they used stock footage of the President's helicopter, Marine One, landing instead.