"She's the Mayor" is an episode of Phineas and Ferb.
Candace is awarded the opportunity to be mayor for the day, so she uses her new status to create laws that can assist her with busting her brothers. Back at home, Phineas and Ferb build an authentic log cabin and a pioneer village. Meanwhile, Dr. Doofenshmirtz is scheduled to play golf with his brother, but since he hates the game, he creates the Accelerate-inator to speed things along. However, he is unaware that his invention also has the ability to open up holes to other dimensions.
At City Hall, Mayor Doofenshmirtz announces Candace as the winner of the Mayor-for-a-Day Essay Contest, believing that her essay, "Why My Little Brothers Should Be Busted," is a political metaphor. Praising Candace for her pioneer spirit, Phineas and Ferb are inspired by his words to build without modern technology, so they borrowed their dad's set of antique pioneer tools to build a pioneer town.
Roger shows Candace to her office and tells Melanie that he's going to the gold course now. Melanie informs her that's she only Mayor for the day that Candace using her authority to give Melanie a week off with paid that she's quickly accepted. Candace then hires Stacy as her new assistant and prepares for her new position as Mayor. Isabella asks what they are doing that Phineas says that he and Ferb going to work on their pioneer project while at the same time wondering where Perry is.
At O.W.C.A, Major Monogram with Carl tells Perry that the reason meet at the agency sauna due to not wanting to lose their privileges and gives Agent P his mission about Doofenshmirtz researching theoretical physics and golf fashion. Monogram tells him to go undercover and investigate him. As Perry leaves, Monogram greets Agent W and blows some steam
Back at the backyard, Phineas and Ferb slowly begin work on their project, while back at City Hall, Mayor Candace creates a number of new laws: outlawing red clothes on all citizens except herself, making everything pretty, giving herself privileges such as free clothes and makeovers, placing her own image on the three-dollar bill, having all citizens sport her hairdo, and renaming local streets and businesses after herself, Stacy and Jeremy. Meanwhile Phineas and Ferb still slowly make progress and getting exhausted. When Stacy tells Candace that she really left a mark on Danville, she then soon realizes that she's been ignoring her major campaign promise: busting her brothers.
At a golf course, Dr. Doofenshmirtz was talking with his mother that he agrees to spend time with his brother but arguably tells that he doesn't like playing golf. As Roger arrives, Perry also came in disguised as a caddy, and Doofenshmirtz states he looks familiar.
Back at home, Phineas and Ferb are almost done building their pioneer village, but need to get rid the cattle wrestlers and adding an old coot that tells the kids if they find any gold its his. Mayor Candace, overseeing the boys' pioneer town, and prepares for bust them by calling the media and going to the backyard.
Back at the golf course, a bored Dr. Doofenshmirtz sleeps while Roger was playing golf and moving on to the next hole. Doofenshmirtz thinks golfing is too boring that he shows off his "caddy" his Accelerate-inator, which he plans to use it to get this game over and done with as soon as possible. As he fires on Roger and his caddy that causes Roger to move faster.
Mayor Candace arrives home to prepare for "The Big Bust." Phineas and Ferb look over their handiwork, proud of their accomplishments and vowing never to forgo technology again, and head inside. Linda and Lawrence are escorted back home with a limousine at the mayor's request as she proudly unveils the pioneer village. The townspeople see it as another political metaphor, but Linda sees it for what it truly is and angrily calls for Phineas and Ferb while admitting Candace was right all along.
Back at the golf course, Roger is astounded at how fast the game is going as Dr. Doofenshmirtz points out that the slight chance that the Accelerate-inator could destroy the very fabric of space-time and possibly the entire universe is a small price to pay to get done with the game. Perry then breaks the Accelerate-inator using a golf cub, causing time to flow backwards at the exact moment when Linda and Candace are about to bust Phineas and Ferb, also undoing all of the day's events back to the announcement in City Hall and causing an alien from another universe to appear.
At City Hall, Mayor Doofenshmirtz prepares to announce the winner of the Mayor-for-a-Day Essay Contest. The alien destroys the Accelerate-inator, causing the time-line to be altered once again as the new honorary mayor is announced: the old coot and telling everyone that any gold that they find is now his, causing Candace to lament, "I was robbed."
- Vincent Martella as Phineas
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace
- Thomas Sangster as Ferb
- Caroline Rhea as Mom
- Alyson Stoner as Isabella
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram
- Richard O'Brien as Dad
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry
- Kelly Hu as Stacy
- Maulik Pancholy as Baljeet
- Bobby Gaylor as Buford
- John O'Hurley as Roger Doofenshmirtz
- In the opening scene, the man next to Linda's lips are dark brown, at first. They then change to pink later in the scene, and finally they change to be the same color as his skin.
- Candace and her bodyguard refer to the house as "the Flynn household", not its true title of "Flynn-Fletcher household". Also, Lawrence and Linda are called "Mr. and Mrs. Flynn", though Lawrence should be addressed as "Mr. Fletcher". Isabella made a similar mistake in "Candace Loses Her Head" and "Hip Hip Parade", when she calls Linda "Mrs. Fletcher". Jeremy also did this in "Atlantis". Isabella also says "Nice hat, Mr. Flynn." in the episode "Greece Lightning".
- The "bowl of mints" is actually a bowl of jellybeans.
- When Stacy says "Oh brother, I busted my pencil", Stacy isn't using a pencil, she's using a pen.
- When Candace says "Everything should be pretty", the city hall building is normal-colored, however when the camera zooms out, the whole building is colored in pink.
- In the scene where Linda and Lawrence are in the cab, the name of the paper on Lawrence's paper is colored in black, however in the next scene in the cab, the name of the paper is now colored in blue, as it will stay throughout the episode.
- When Phineas says "That's the spirit, Ferb", his lips don't move when he says "Ferb".
- Linda says she and Lawrence will be home in a few minutes, but the time between when she says it to when the limo pulls up is actually nine seconds in real time.
- During the close up of Phineas and Ferb getting busted, we see Linda's shadow but not Candace's.
- Candace's campaign logo parodies "Hope," a now famous-poster of President Barack Obama created by artist Shepherd Fairey in 2008.
- "They" resemble the Grady twins from the famous horror film The Shining.
- The title of this short is a likely parody of the syndicated series She's the Sheriff (1987-89) which starred Suzanne Somers. It's title can also be a parody of the movie She's the Man (2006), featuring Amanda Bynes.
- A small Hidden Mickey is seen side-way in the nose of the Crazy Old Coot.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the The Phineas and Ferb Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of The Phineas and Ferb Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|