Sheriff Callie's Wild West (original title: Oki's Oasis) is a Disney Junior television series that premiered on December 13, 2013 on the Disney Junior Channel. Starting with Horseshoe Peck as a preview, it officially premiered on January 20, 2014. Production began in October of 2011, with Mandy Moore, the singer/actress who played Rapunzel in the 2010 CGI film Tangled providing Callie's voice. It uses the legend of the Old West to impart social skills and lessons for young kids about being a good friend and neighbor, reinforcing what parents are already teaching their children at home about forgiveness, honesty and sharing. Callie is the sheriff of Nice and Friendly Corners, making sure the town upholds its reputation for being the friendliest town in the West. The series has 3 preview episodes in a unusual schedule with Disney/Pixar movies and Disney Junior series being shown all day from 6:30-9:30 on December 13, 2013.
For its first season, the series was a production of DHX Media. In its second season, the series became a production of Wild Canary Animation, with additional animation by DQ Entertainment. The second season features a brighter, crisper look to the animation as well as a new opening sequence.
On May 17, 2016, Holly Huckins confirmed in her Twitter account that the series will not be returning for a third season due to Mandy Moore's departure to be cast for another show. It was later confirmed that Disney had commissioned Tangled: The Series, a television series follow-up to the film Tangled, with Mandy Moore returning in the lead role of Rapunzel.
Set in the colorful Wild West, Sheriff Callie's Wild West follows the titlular character and her deputy woodpecker, Peck, as they watch over their pleasant little frontier town. Although known as the friendliest town in the West, Callie and Peck work hard to keep it that way and when trouble comes a-callin’, they make sure it doesn’t stay long. By their side is her sweet-natured sidekick, Toby, a loveable cactus with a predisposition to see the good in everything and who is always ready to lend a helping hand. Each episode features two 11-minute stories and has two original songs.
- Mandy Moore as Sheriff Callie
- Lucas Grabeel as Deputy Peck
- Jessica DiCicco as Toby
- Jeff Bennett as Doc Quackers, Mr. Dillo and Cody the Express Pony Rider
- Cree Summer as Priscilla Skunk
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Uncle Bun, Farmer Stinky, and Dr. Wolf
- Mo Collins as Ella Cowbelle and Frida Fox
- Carlos Alazraqui as Tio Tortuga
- Gary Anthony Williams as Dusty & Dirty Dan
- Frank Welker and Dee Bradley Baker as Sparky
- ↑ "Sheriff Callie’s Wild West Says Goodbye". Tumblr. Retrieved on 2016-05-22.
- ↑ "Mandy Morre and Zachary Levi Just Adorably Announced the Tangled Series Premiere Date!". Oh My Disney (January 31, 2017).