Robert Bernard Sherman and Richard Morton Sherman, collectively known as the Sherman Brothers, are Academy Award-winning songwriters best known for their musical compositions for Disney films and Disney theme park attractions. They worked exclusively for Walt Disney until his death in 1966.
Compositions for Disney Feature Films
Compositions for Disney Parks
Awards and Honors
- In 1965 the Sherman Brothers won two Academy Awards ("Best Song" ["Chim Chim Cher-ee"]and "Best Song Score") for Mary Poppins.
- In 1969 the Sherman Brothers were nominated for an Academy Award for "Best Song" for "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
- In 1972 the Sherman Brothers were nominated for two Academy Awards ("Best Song" ["The Age Of Not Believing"] and "Best Song Score") for Bedknobs And Broomsticks.
- In 1974 the Sherman Brothers were nominated for an Academy Award for "Best Song Score" for Tom Sawyer.
- In 1976, The Slipper And The Rose was chosen to be Royal Command Performance for the British Royal Family.
- In 1978 the Sherman Brothers were nominated for two Academy Awards ("Best Song" and "Best Song Score") for The Slipper And The Rose.
- In 1979 the Sherman Brothers were nominated for an Academy Award for "Best Song" for "When You're Loved" from The Magic Of Lassie.
- In July 1985, Disney CEO, Michael Eisner awarded the Sherman Brothers the Mousecar Award at the Hollywood Bowl.
- Inducted as Disney Legends in 1990.
- On March 11, 2010, the Sherman Brothers were presented with a window on Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland in Anaheim, California, in honor of their contribution to the Disney theme parks.
- On January 10, 2014, in a surprise unveiling, the backstage dressing room at the El Capitan theater in Hollywood, CA was formally dedicated as the Sherman Brothers Star Dressing Room.
- On July 30, 2018, Soundstage A at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, CA, where many of their songs were recorded, was officially renamed the Sherman Brothers Stage.