When Nani ends up short on cash, the rest of the ʻohana decide to start a "Bed and Not Breakfast" to bring in extra money. Shoe, an experiment designed to bring bad luck, threatens to ruin the business, until Jumba remembers that its effects can be reversed to turn very bad luck into very good luck. When Shoe runs away after overhearing that he is useless because of his bad luck effects, Lilo and Stitch must find Shoe before Gantu does.
- Deforestator is seen with a pattern on his back, and his tail is somewhat closer.
- Moral: Don't judge other people by their flaws.
- Lilo stated that she didn't name 113 "Shoe" because of his horseshoe-like horn, but because she thinks he needs shoes, despite the fact that none of the experiments wear shoes.
- Nani mistook a pile of bills for Lilo's homework, which could be a callback to the original movie, as Lilo is shown getting on a school bus at the end, and the end credits show a photo of her and Stitch in class.
- It is implied that Gantu may be a little ignorant, as he refused to listen when Reuben tried to inform him that Shoe could generate good luck.
- This is the second time Gantu quit his job of working for Hämsterviel, the first time being in "627", despite the fact that he continued to work for Hämsterviel after these instances.
- During the chase scene to get Shoe back, music from the 1997 film Mr. Magoo plays. Said film was composed by Michael Tavera, who composed the music of Lilo & Stitch: The Series.
- This is one of the only two episodes where Yin appears without Yang, the other being "Checkers".