- “Once we go into Sid's house, we won't be coming out!”
- “We are gonna die. I'm outta here!”
- ―Woody, after seeing the many disturbing features of Sid's room.
Sid's room is a room where the Mutant toys reside. It is located in a beeline just across the yard from Andy's room. It is littered with many disturbing musical posters, many "toy torturing" tools, a lava lamp with toys' heads instead of oil blobs, a red (likely fake) medical kit, and many other disturbing features. The room has a green carpet and is incredibly untidy. In fact, as soon as Woody saw what was in this room, he felt convinced he and Buzz were going to die.
Hannah's room, located down the hallway from Sid's room, is where Sid's younger sister Hannah holds tea parties with her dolls that have been previously mutilated by Sid.
This is where Mr. Phillips, father of Sid and Hannah, is seen snoring on a La-Z-Boy. It has many features indicating that he is a hunter and an alcoholic, due to having empty cans surrounding his chair. This is also where Buzz Lightyear finds out for himself, for the first time, that he is just a toy through the TV advertisement featuring Buzz Lightyear toys.
This is where Buzz Lightyear, after watching the commercial, falls and has his left arm dislodged when he attempts to fly for the last time. At one point, Scud is seen snoring on the staircase, blocking Woody and Buzz's way out of the house.
The backyard of Sid's house is first seen when Sid blows up a Combat Carl toy. Later on, it is where Woody and the Mutant toys escape to teach Sid a lesson and to rescue Buzz from being blown up by Sid.
While not seen in the film, the Tiger Electronic Games adaptation of Toy Story had a stage which featured Woody's escape from the depths of Sid's basement. Woody and Buzz must avoid Sid and Scud to get closer to finding Andy.
- One poster in Sid's room is based on Rat Fink in his classic Hot Rod pose. The letters "HTT" are visible in the corner, presumably standing for "Hi Tech Tunes," the company that produced the film.
- This was the location where Al's Toy Barn was first mentioned in at the end of the Buzz Lightyear commercial.
- The "MegaDork" poster is a spoof of MegaDeth. The man on the poster also has a tattoo of Mickey Mouse on his left arm.
- Some of the glow-in-the-dark posters in Sid's room can be seen inside Jordan's mind in the short Riley's First Date.
- The address of Sid's house is unknown (never mentioned).
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|