Simba Confronts Scar is an instrumental song from the Broadway adaptation of The Lion King. As the title suggests, it is played during the final battle between Simba and Scar at Pride Rock.
As the name suggests, it is played towards the end of the musical. Unlike the soundtrack "The Rightful King", it features different instruments to which the tune of the score is different from the music played during the final battle in the original film. It is played after Simba forces Scar to tell the truth that he really did kill Mufasa during confrontation. After Scar says that he killed Mufasa, the score begins to play as the Pridelanders fight against the hyenas just after lightning flashes to begin the battle for Pride Rock. During the score, Simba fights against Scar to know who is the king of Pride Rock while the Pridelanders fight against the hyenas. The score ends when Simba defeats Scar during a battle against him and Scar ends up getting eaten alive by the hyenas. Afterwards, the music then loops into "King of Pride Rock", followed by a mix between "Busa" and a reprise of "Circle of Life".
- The Original Broadway Cast Recording lacks the verse heard during the part where Timon and Pumbaa join the battle. Instead, the end of the verse used in the Broadway Cast Recording ends with the verse where Simba prepares to defeat Scar to take place as king, followed an ending part where the score loops into "King of Pride Rock".
- Verses in certain scenes cut from the score include:
- Simba fighting Scar on Pride Rock where he betrays the hyenas by blaming them for being the enemy, followed by Scar being defeated by Simba during the battle.
- Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed preparing to kill Scar for betraying the hyenas for calling them enemies, followed by Scar getting eaten alive, in which the score then loops into "King of Pride Rock".
- On a related note, both of these verses are only included in the South African Cast Recording.
- For the musical's Mexican production in 2015, this score and "King of Pride Rock" were combined into a single song for its soundtrack.
- This combined song was titled as "Confrontación/Finale" ("Battle/Victory"); the name for the compromised track into a single song is to refer to the final battle against Scar and Simba's triumph over evil.