Pepper Ann's mother quits her job at the sarong store at the mall after putting up with her demanding boss—and finds that searching for work is tougher than she thought. Meanwhile, Pepper Ann does whatever she can to rake in extra money while her mom is job hunting.
Lydia is at work at It's You where her boss Mitch continues to belittle and short change her. Upset over not getting the respect she deserves, Lydia chooses to quit. Pepper Ann and Moose are shocked by her decision, especially since it is bring your daughter to work week, but she assures them that she will be able to get a new job soon. As Lydia goes to various job interviews, Pepper Ann works minor side jobs so that they can secure some kind of income. Lydia learns that she is either underqualified or overqualified, demoralizing her.
Lydia goes to the unemployment offices, but does not get anything done, with Pepper Ann suggesting a yard sale. Meanwhile, at It's You, Mitch struggles to keep the store running with customers upset that Lydia is not there anymore. Pepper Ann comes to ask for her job back, but when Mitch accuses her of being sent by Lydia, Pepper Ann angrily denies it and tells him that she does not need him. Lydia has just about given up, but Pepper Ann comes home to tell her that she should not give up and seize the day.
Pepper Ann reveals to her friends that Lydia has started a kiosk at the mall to sell sarongs. Her former clients return, happy to see her back while Mitch, overworked from his failing business, demands that Lydia come back to work for him with a higher raise. She refuses as being her own boss is satisfying, but reconsiders when Mitch offers to make her co-manager and accepts. Pepper Ann puts the finishing touches on her report in Mr. Finky's class and gets a positive response, while Dieter, who was trapped in a cage above the class after the school went tribal following the girls not being there, asks to be let down.
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Pepper Ann Pearson
- Jeff Bennett as Mitch, Dieter Liederhosen, Mr. Little, Additional voices
- Danny Cooksey as Milo Kamalani
- Clea Lewis as Nicky Little
- Pamela Adlon as Moose Pearson
- April Winchell as Lydia Pearson, Additional voices
- Paddi Edwards as Vera Groober-Schwartz
- Kath Soucie as Mrs. Little, Additional voices
- Don Lake as Sherman Finky
- Lydia has been working at It's You for seven years.
- On Disney+, this episode segment is first next to "Mom Knows What P.A. Did Two Nights Ago".